Please Post Reasons For Not Believing The Witnesses Have The "Truth" Anymore

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I see a few want to believe in the Watchtower's view of Bible prophecy, scriptural understandings and the view that the "anointed remnant" dispense the "spiritual food at the proper time".

How would you refute those views?

• leavingwt
  • leavingwt
  • leavingwt
  • maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Millions now living Will Never Die. 'Nuf said.

• leavingwt
  • leavingwt
  • minimus
    minimus

My my. Their own words sink them EVERY time.

• Twisty
    Twisty

If the Holy spirit was directing an earthly group there would be no need for refinements or flip flops in understanding everything revealed would be right.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It is an assumption based on an amalgam of scriptures that the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" is the annointed remnant on earth. It is assumed that since they will be kings and priests in heaven they must be the Faithful and Discreet Slave. They irony is that they do not even believe it. Terms like "Jehovah's earthly organization" and "The Faithful and Discreet Slave Class" are now just buzzwords to mean the Governing Body.

I was born and raised to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses by my parents. My mother is a born in, but my father didn't join until he was in his twenties. He immediately professed to be of the annointed and has for over 40 years.

About 20 years ago he was brought before a judicial committee because he was talking about things in the scriptures that the Watch Tower Society had not yet commented on. Mind you, these were not things that were in opposition or against the teachings of the Watch Tower Society. During the judicial committee, the 3 elders (all of the "Other Sheep Class") asked my father who he believed the Faithful and Discreet Slave is. He answered: "The annointed remnant living on the earth". He was disfellowshipped for it.

He was never told why he was disfellowshipped, though some on that judicial committee bragged that they had just disfellowshipped an apostate. He was reinstated a year later, however, he has never been allowed privileges in the congregation. At one point the District Overseer told the local body of elders that my father should not be allowed to comment at meetings. No reason was given. They never told him. I only knew because I had to conduct the bookstudy on a regular basis and the book study overseer told me not to use my father to read.

So, the bottomline is, the Governing Body is the Pope of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit