To garyneal and Others, Evidence that the anointed remnants represented by the GB were selected in 1919.

by mankkeli 152 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover

Why do y'all bother?

This guy is obviously a sandwich short of a picnic.

He has to come here to get attention. If, IF, he even is an active member of a JW congregation, they probably avoid him because he's so loopy. And that's saying something when a congregation full of zombie cult members shy away from someone even loopier than themselves...

• donny
    donny

He's either an Ex-JW or never was one. Obviously a troll who has come here for his meat in due season.

• wobble
    wobble

Good for a laugh though, and exposes in the blazing arc lights of Truth that the WT/JW leadership has nothing to back their spurious claim to having been chosen by Jesus.

Self appointed wind bags.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well, Hello!

I must say that I am somewhat impressed. You actually took the time to provide some sort of proof that the Watchtower Society was indeed selected by Jesus Christ in the year 1919 C.E.. You are unlike my wife who, when confronted with this question, will resort to questioning my motives or my character in some sort of fashion. You certainly get an A for effort.

BUT...

I do not see any verifiable facts to prove all of your assertions. Rejected false teachings like the Trinity and the immortal soul? Based on what? You can't say the Bible because I can pluck scriptures to argue for these beliefs just as easily as I can pluck scriptures to argue against these beliefs. Tainted by Babylonish practices? Do you perhaps mean the pyramidology and the belief that Christ began reigning invisibly in 1874? Who amongst Christendom was teaching that save for the Second Adventist in regards to the 1874 teaching.

You then go on to speak about Rutherford and others being arrested and later released. How does this prove that Jesus selected them in 1919? Why were they arrested in the first place? Then they were released "to the chagrin of their religious enemies." What enemies? The 'proof' continues to go on about the Bible Students facing their 'relentless enemy,' Babylon The Great. Then goes on to say that 'the facts show that anointed Christians began to enjoy in the year 1919.' What? What facts? Furthermore, don't the Bible Students exist seperate from the Jehovah's Witnesses of today? If so, then assuming that this whole 1919 selection is even remotely true, perhaps it was the Bible Students that was selected and not the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Do you have anything that I can independently verify? Thanks for your effort, keep trying.

• dgp
    dgp

By the way, since when there is a "season" for meat? I would say there are seasons for avocados, for apples, for oranges, but, meat?

Unless they are talking about the "hunting season", I would believe that meat is "in season" the year round.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Paul is definitely not against leadership arrangement, He even played a substantial role in ensuring the organization of the first century christain congregation.

That's a clever rephrasing of the issue, mankkeli. I didn't mention "leadership arrangement", I said "Governing Body". Scripture certainly confirms that Paul gives the qualifications for "elders" and "ministerial servants", and in that sense, he is clearly supporting a "leadership arrangement". But the sort of "leadership" he describes is a far cry from Jehovah's Witnesses, who largely appoint elders and servants based on how many hours in field service they get per month and how well they can carry a microphone, read the Watchtower, and carry out whatever other assignments the elders give them. It is also unrelated to the issue of the Governing Body, which was the original issue I presented.

With all of that said, you have still not provided scriptural evidence that the anointed remnants represented by the Governing Body were selected in 1919.

--sd-7

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

the best part of the 1919 debacle is that Rutherford and his minions were supposedly released from prison "in a cleansed state". (i.e. they learned their lesson in regard to providing Babylonish spiritual food and using man made ideas). Knowing this......one could expect their teachings in 1919 and 1920 to be far different from those in 1914....when they supposedly entered "spiritual captivity".

Mankkeli - can you please document the wonderful changes in teaching that were made between 1914 and 1919? I'd like you to compare and contrast the vast differences that surely had to have been made manifest upon their release from prison and subsequent spiritual cleansing.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Mankelli,

Babylonish, haled, yurself, genuity, enlightenning, wondeing, refraim, diffferent, respoding, Certaily, appriach, christain

Here are just a few of your spelling mistakes, there were too many grammatical errors for me to list.

I don't know where you got your "Phd" from but you might want to get a refund.

• Mary
    Mary
    1st Evidence: The release of loyal Jews from exile, made possible by the fall of Babylon, foreshadowed the release in 1919 of anointed Christians from spiritual exile.

Golly, how can anyone argue with overwhelming evidence like that?

I haven't been on here much lately, but after reading the mind-numbing crap from one 'Mankelli', I will venture a guess that this person:

1. Is a troll looking for some attention;
    2. Has been smoking crack again;
    3. Is really Alice.in.Glueland back trying to disguise herself as a guy Witless
  • Twitch
    Twitch

4. Should move out of the parent's basement and get a life while it still knows everything.

5. All of the above

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit