Were Jehovah's Witnesses Correct In ANYTHING They Taught?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal
    garyneal...I tend to agree with you on this one...therefore...YOU ARE RIGHT (whew...glad thats sorted)

Indeed.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Windows, check...Toilets, check....

Yup, they taught me two things correctly..

~Q

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I just thought I would pop back in to this thread. JWs taught me that Christians believe that they are going to heaven. Full stop. That is not true. Christians do have a hope of living on earth.

As for hell, they use the word to refer to gehenna or the lake of fire, but in my 10 or so church visits they have not gone into detail as to what this means, though I have heard some say it simply means separation from God.

So... those things that are so unique to JWs that made me think that I couldn't possibly ever go anywhere else... not to mention that I really don't have to go to a church anyway... I can go directly to Jesus... they aren't unique at all. I was duped.

Carmen

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was thinking of the title. Few of the problems that bother me actually deal with doctrine. The more I realize the complexities of the Bible and the cultural values imposed on religion, it is mostly subjective. My vision may have no more merit than the WTBTS. I don't think orthdoxy developed out of Bible study but an interplay between state and religion. Mainstream Christianity was anchored in tradition.

My vision of what is wrong has to do with Jesus' great test. He said to love one another as I have loved you. I am part of my culture and tradition. To be beyond the pale just to be obnoxious seems weird. The high mind control disgusts me the most. They overreach continously into the most private of matters. It is bizarre that only they have Holy Spirit and that no proof is offered. A declarative statement is not proof. Proof would be JWs uplifted and loving every human. In sum, they ridicule the Roman Catholic Church but they often mimic the Church in greater zeal. The Church has been a force for good and bad. It is rooted in human problems, though.

I wish they would say the Bible is not clear about the concept of a Trinity. Our judgment call is that we don't feel Jesus was God. It is confusing human opinion for divine truth that troubles me. Thank goodness for public school b/c our only reading material at home was JW lit. How was I supposed to know what they were doing?

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

There are things that the Bible is not clear on, but we can't have any admitting of that! Yes... I wish they didn't have an answer to everything and then enforce those as doctrine.

• cantleave
    cantleave

THey use the bible to base their teachings on, how can anything be right that is based on a book written by primitives?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

One thing the JWs know how to do well and continue to excell in-is bring reproach on the very God whom they worship. In fact that is what the C.O. and D.O. said at a recent 2 day circuit assembly entitled 'Let God's Name Be Sanctified'.

Their logic was....the only ones that can besmirch a name are those who embrace that name! Now that I remember, I think it was the D.O. that said that pagan based religions are the least ones that bring reproach on Jah, if you can believe that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit