Were Jehovah's Witnesses Correct In ANYTHING They Taught?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik
    No Burning Hell

Several posters have deemed the JW's CORRECT on this teaching . . .

Show me their teaching and prove it's CORRECT . . .

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Show me their teaching and prove it's CORRECT

The argument is because God isn't evil he just tortures and kills, but never tortues and kills forever! Way to set the bar... How bout people kill, people torture and people fantasize about eternal punishment of their enemies. God watches in horror.

-Sab

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

There is no life beyond the grave. They got that much right.

As for hell, the mere concept is revolting. I should think it unthinkable.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    No burning hell.
    Several posters have deemed the JW's CORRECT on this teaching . . .
    Show me their teaching and prove it's CORRECT . . .

It is more about the details. Notice in this passage, there are 4 different results of judgement, not just 2.

Luke 12:42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him off and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

As for the worst punishment, being cut off and assigned a place with the unbelievers, well... I don't believe that is a literal burning hell, but I have nothing concrete to offer you, just the understanding I have arrived at due to my relationship with the Lord.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Again, all subjective...

Nothing that people has said that the WT got 'right' is provable one way or another. It is simply, "I agree with the WT on this one, therefore they got it right."

• Joliette
    Joliette

Hellfire. Thats about it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

garyneal...I tend to agree with you on this one...therefore...YOU ARE RIGHT (whew...glad thats sorted)

• trueblue
    trueblue

Oro leaned in close and dropped her voice to an angry whisper.
    "Tick Tock Tick because his blood belongs To me." She grinned, showing off her fangs. "donT clue him in, Though. iTs a... secreT. Tick Tock Tick." She laughed and fell back against the seat.

"i acTually have someThing To give him. a gifT, you see. i like giving gifTs... like ThaT waTch There." She eyes it.
    "i'm suprised you didn'T Throw iT away."

Heeheeheeheeheheeheehee
    That is very kind of you, but no thank you
    I would prefer if as few people knew about this as possible!
    Especially since most Royalty wouldn't like it at all.
    No, I have all the equipment I need!
    All I need are samples samples samples!
    Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheee

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I would say yes. Which in my opinion, is worse than 100% lies. There was enough truth spread throughout their message for people like me to come in and buy it all. Where I find them lacking is that they are as right and wrong as anyone else, but they never admit fault and anyone who points out the past is quickly labeled an apostate.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I would say yes. Which in my opinion, is worse than 100% lies. There was enough truth spread throughout their message for people like me to come in and buy it all. Where I find them lacking is that they are as right and wrong as anyone else, but they never admit fault and anyone who points out the past is quickly labeled an apostate.

and they are the ones who keep bringing up the past... by asking questions, and then say you are, them suckers are "F"ed up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit