Were Jehovah's Witnesses Correct In ANYTHING They Taught?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I agree with wha happened.

No Burning Hell

No Trinity

Jesus is God's SON, not God

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They were correct in a few minor details. First, there is no trinity--that was just an illustration. God and Jesus was an illustration that Jesus used to break people's bondage to Jehovah. To me, that is just a technicality.

There is also no burning hellfire. Again, this is another technicality. The whole thing about going to heaven is a complete scam. No one is going to heaven. It is used to dangle in front of people to extort obedience out of us, and prevent mankind from rising above the level needed to prevent the Rothschilds from enslaving all of us.

They were right that Jesus wasn't born on December 25. However, that doesn't nullify Christmas--if he was born early in October, he could well have been conceived on December 25. If the Washtowel teaches that life begins at conception, Jesus' life would have been created on December 25 anyways. Thus, that is another technicality.

They may have been right that Jesus didn't die on a 2-beam cross as other Christian churches portray. Again, that is another technicality. I don't view the cross as necessarily an accurate depiction of Jesus' death, but a symbol that Jesus died trying to save us from Jehovah. Whether it was the actual instrument or not takes nothing away from its use to symbolize how much Jesus wanted to free us from Jehovah.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Most things correct on, they did not discover for themselves..............such as paganism in holidays and such. That was from , "The Two Babylons", a book by a bishop.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "Apostates would remain bitter after leaving Jehovah's Invisible organization" - WT 08/ 7/15

Dr Mankhead's Journal page 1254:

According to the scratch marks on my wall I am 234 days into my attempt at habitation with the Apostates.So far, they are a wily group and as suspected are not at all for the Christian sect they fell away from. I have been giving them regular dosages of their past indoctrination works and it seems to set them off into wild tangents while speaking harshly of me. The one with the wanted poster logo is especially aggressive. For now, I will hide in the bushes for the most part, carefully planning my next move. In the end I will successfully integrate with them and eventually find a mate and settle down here... but first, successful intregation is paramount.

-Sab

• factfinder
    factfinder

There are various points they are correct in, certain details . I'm sure there are also true statements made in the magazines although some are written for and by pre schoolers, for instance, the Dec 1 W has an article about witnessing in parts of Norway. The article states:

" Wintertime is cold in Norway".

I never would have known that!

I guess some on the writing staff are 4 years old.

• designs
    designs

The Watchtower was right about 1975, we are now living in Paradise (as xJWs)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

IMO it's not so much the teachings they got right but rather the teachings they are soo wrong about and stubbornly hold on to, such as: the blood policy, the abusive disfellowshipping and shunning practice, 1914, the 'know-it-all' thinking of the Governing Body, the elder and related judicial committee arrangement (which by the way is due for a major overhaul), the 'thy shall not give to charity' custom, the 'thy shall not take part in toasting' rule and so many other pharisee like edicts.

The JWs are viewed by the world of mankind as lunatics and deservedly so!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

On the idea that at least Mussolini got the trains running on time,

most of the improvements since World War One on the train system and schedules took place before he got into office and they weren't all that "on-time" as legend says during his time in office. Even if they were on time, it doesn't justify the things he did.

My point?

Watchtower will grab credit for thoughts that came from real intelligent people outside of Watchtower or who came up with those thoughts before Watchtower existed. If they say there is no burning hell and most everything is pagan, they got that from intelligent and/or educated people. Even if something within WTS was the equivalent to the trains running on time, it wasn't worth it. We would have been far better off without it.

• minimus
    minimus

I like what was suggested that considering they were beating everybody else for speaking some truths but not "The Truth", how dare they castigate EVERY other religion but maintain their own purity!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

No literal 24-hour creation days. They got that right. Days are eons, periods of time, long ones, old-earth creationists.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-2.html#IVB2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit