"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Interestingly, in the Swedish version of the Watchtower, the story is rendered somewhat differently. The part about hitting is omitted, so the reader is left to the impression that "only" verbal abuse was involved.

WELL---looks like we have a rogue translator. Has this ever happened before?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I am curious if anyone has gotten replies from any of the women's groups/agencies that the article was sent to.

Reposted for your information:

Here is one response from a local agency who deals with domestic violence.

Thank you for sending us the link to this section in Watchtower Magazine. Too often we hear from women that they stay in an abusive relationship because they have been advised my there faith leader or quote scripture from religious readings. I will be sure to share this article with staff, so that we can stay current on what women are being told by their faith leaders and organizations. I appreciate you taking the time to send this article.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Un****ingbelievable.

It's been some time since I was shocked by what is contained in the WT but this really takes the biscuit.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

left to the impression that "only" verbal abuse was involved.

Abuse is abuse........this article has just sickened me......

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

And if the WTS knew this and had the quote "watered down" in order to not create issues locally in those areas, it shows an attitude that is even more sinister than what is on the surface in reading the English version.

Too right, undercover. It shows that they know EXACTLY what they're doing...scary stuff.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Is this in the public or study WT btw?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Study edition, which means it's harder for the average person to get the paper magazine form, although it's available online (www.jw.org). I was thinking I'd go to a KH and get the magazine version to show people, but I know the elders would question me if I asked for the study edition. They're all smiles if I say "Can I have a Watchtower?" They say "sure," and hand me a public version. If I say "Can I have a -Study Edition- Watchtower?" they get weird.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They're all smiles if I say "Can I have a Watchtower?" They say "sure," and hand me a public version. If I say "Can I have a -Study Edition- Watchtower?" they get weird.

How odd.

-Sab

• cedars
    cedars

I've had a bite, that's all I'm saying for now!

Cedars

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I've had a bite, that's all I'm saying for now!

Good to hear, hoping to hear or see something from what I have emailed and sent out via regular mail, would love to get a campus group interested in this, if anyone can make an issue viral, a college student group can!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit