Out Of All JW Beliefs Which Is The Weirdest?

by minimus 150 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Faster.

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK How fast? But then again we are off topic. To get back on is easy as pie. (For Thanksgiving we're having an apple pie baking, not eating, contest-anyone have a perfect recipe?).

Driving fast means blood guilty (even if you don't hit anything).

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Driving fast means blood guilty (even if you don't hit anything).

And now you are back on topic - I was called into a committee meeting for having that 1969 Porsche 911T. And that was weird - until I realized that the committee guys, especially the CO, were jealous. That was weird.

BTW - The Ferrari is never off topic.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Owning a 2 door sports car, instead of a 4 door service car is the Devil?

Think About It

• designs
    designs

Do any of you remember the old bluegrass group The Dillards, they had a fun song about JWs and 4-Door Studebakers or Hudson's.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Police shows on TV were taboo.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

That one must belong to the WTBTS to escape eternal destruction at Armageddon.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I think that the WTBTS teaching on hell is "weird" considering that there is no scriptural support for their theory. So...Voices, hell isn't funny and Think About It, hell isn't embarrassing either...

Matt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

Luke 16:23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom

Matt 23:33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell

2 Thess 1:8-9 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Pro.10:24 The fear of the wicked will come upon him, And the desire of the righteous will be granted.

Rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Isa 24:22 (suggested reading 24:1-23) They will be gathered together, As prisoners are gathered in the pit, And will be shut up in the prison; After many days they will be punished

2 Pet 2:4-6 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;

Ezek 26:20 then I will bring you down with those who descend into the Pit, to the people of old, and I will make you dwell in the lowest part of the earth, in places desolate from antiquity, with those who go down to the Pit, so that you may never be inhabited; and I shall establish glory in the land of the living.

Rev 20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever

Matt 18:8-9 “If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

Psa 9:15-17 The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made; In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught. The LORD is known by the judgment He executes; The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Selah. The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.

Heb 12:28-29 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire.

Isa 66:15 For behold, the LORD will come with fire And with His chariots, like a whirlwind, To render His anger with fury, And His rebuke with flames of fire.

Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth and look Upon the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm does not die, And their fire is not quenched. They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

Mark 9:43-48 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— where ‘ Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’ And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— where‘ Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.’ And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— where‘ Their worm does not die And thefire is not quenched.’

Vengeance

Isa 35:4 Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “ Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you.”

Luke 21:22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Rom 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

Jude 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Wrath

Hos 5:10 The princes of Judah are like those who remove a landmark; I will pour out My wrath on them like water.

Matt 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

Rom 2:5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

1 Thess 1:10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

Heb 3:11 So I swore in My wrath,‘ They shall not enter My rest.’”

Rev 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

Rev 14:19 So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Rev 15:1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them the wrath of God is complete.

Rev 16:19 Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVqMClOazA&feature=related

love michelle

• clarity
    clarity

The idea that when you die ... nothing at all survives ... no soul, no spirit, nothing!

Yet, you will then be resurrected by god and ... still be exactly you.????

If NOthing is left of you, how would you have every little milisecond thought and emotional feeling and rationalization and every swear word and prayer, and every lusty feeling and hateful grudge, what you thought and felt about every single experience, every longing, painful and happy feeling and memory you have ever had throughout your whole lifetime! Those memories are Us.

Seems to me this would be a recreation, NOT a resurrection. More like a clone!

Looks like you ... but is not you.

For me ... the weirdest of jw beliefs!

clarity

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hellfire? Now we have gone from weird to stupid.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit