Out Of All JW Beliefs Which Is The Weirdest?

by minimus 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Beards and goatees are the Devil?

Think About It

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

The overlapping generation thing...

• cantleave
    cantleave

The weirdest belief ever IMO, was that Jesus was clean shaven. I know they rescinded this, but it was promoted for many years.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    The weirdest belief ever IMO, was that Jesus was clean shaven. I know they rescinded this, but it was promoted for many years.

That was embarrassing as hell, bat-shit crazy weird.

Think About It

• james_woods
    james_woods
    @james woods

I complained to the circuit overseer that this was nonsense - and he replied that it was proven because his heart beat faster when he was having sex. I kid you not.

LOL WTF????

Seriously - I was about 21, a young assistant congregation servant and a pioneer. Unmarried. I complained to this older CO that the brain does not have neurons, and while poets might say "my heart is telling me this or that", it really happens in your BRAIN. He came back and said, well you will understand when you are married - but when you have sex with your wife your heart will beat faster. I said nothing, but I was thinking to myself: well, you moron, my heart beats faster when I play tennis or drive my Porsche fast, too - but it is not making serves or shifting gears for me.

I agree with you, james_woods, the presentation was weird. And add to that, your experience with the circuit overseer was weird too. Yikes, what a dummy! Not even he understood what it was all about.
    Like most everything else the WT undertakes, it is always done to impress, to prove they have "new light" from God, and they fail miserably because of their ignorance. And that's why any scholarly expertise shown by a JW is ignored because the dummies have the upper hand.

Barbara, the sad thing to me at the time was that this could all have been a pretty reasonable teaching - if only they had acknowledged that the "heart feelings" being discussed were not the literal beating blood pump heart - but a sort of poetic license used all through history. But NOOO - they had to have it that they had discovered a new form of medical science and the heart ACTUALLY CAUSED THOUGHTS with its physical self. As I recall, they had even hinted that the kidneys sort of had an emotional thought power as well. Local elders pushed it further and suggested that people who had a heart transplant could be taken over by the personality of the donor!!! Needless to say, I never believed a bit of it. It was the first real break in thinking with the watchtower teachings thast came to me. Within the next year, I discovered what crimes agains scholarship they had done to force the name Jehovah all through the NWT New Testament.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

leavingwt.... your post just cracked me up! sooo funny! ! if ever you have a thought that is not in line with what they push its " your own understanding ". bad person, bad person!

• N.drew
    N.drew

I'm jealous james_woods. I drove a Porshe once and I think I want one. But the thing is, they only go fast.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm jealous james_woods. I drove a Porshe once and I think I want one. But the thing is, they only go fast.

They do much more than just go fast - they go fast for a long time, up and down mountains and around curves, and win endurance races. I have kept my old air-cooled type 993 for 15 years now, even though I also have a Ferrari and a Rolls-Royce.

• N.drew
    N.drew

AWESOME!!! I remember before 40pmh, a little bumpy. Then wow! They go fast! It was in the pouring rain. My boss that I had a long time ago fixes them and I had to drive it to the shop. I want one. But we have a speed limit here.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I just should say for all you who have not had the privilege of driving a sports car, it's not the car that bumps, it's the engine. It wants to go faster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit