Out Of All JW Beliefs Which Is The Weirdest?

by minimus 150 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know there's plenty.

One that comes to mind is the blood doctrine. Whole blood is bad, blood fractions may be ok but not all.....WTF??

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"do not lean upon your own understanding"

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think that's weird, Leaving.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

That Jesus would go through the trouble of having a war with Satan in heaven, only to thrust him and his minions upon the earth in 1914. Then, he would simply sit back and "do nothing" for 97 years and counting....

• Voices
    Voices

The weirdest eh? ...hmmmm.....I guess I would have to say Armegeddon's coming in 1874......uh i mean..1914...uh i mean...1918....i mean 1922.....i mean 1924.....i mean 1935...i mean 1945....i mean 1975.....i mean 1994...

you know...pretty soon they'll say 'You know....the paradise is already here! in your organization of Jehovah's Witnesses! Look how much love you get from your family of fellow witnesses!'

Ever seen the movie 'The Island' ......great movie

Me

• Alfred
    Alfred

That the ENTIRE book of Revelation is purely symbolic except for the number 144,000...

• Think About It
    Think About It

That masturbation is the Devil?

Think About it

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

That I'm of the same generation as my great grandparents.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

The Finished Mystery, the whole book: Didn't you know that most of the book of Revelation was fulfilled during the French Revolution?

And... yes... I would have to say one of the first things that I laughed about the most was their strange focus on masturbation. They just use that to make everyone feel guilty I think. It worked on me.

SOG

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I love how they say that there are no "lesser" sins and that all sins are created equal but, yet, masturbation is a sin but not to the same degree as fornication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit