Out Of All JW Beliefs Which Is The Weirdest?

by minimus 150 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Take it away, it's evil.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I love NO ROOM FOR GEORGE's Post:

In harmony with this, JWs preaching that soon relief will come in the form of God's Kingdom, for those that are oppressed, afflicted, hungry, sick, etc.. The crazy part is, the relief will be that these ones will be destroyed. I can't tell you how many times I've heard older JWs go on about how bad the world is, and how people need relief, yet at the same time they either forget, or conveniently forget that all of those who are sufferring and have have not converted into JWs, will be destroyed. I just got back from lunch, and when I had stepped on the elevator to take me to another set of elevators, a blind man almost walked off. I asked him where he was headed, and I directed him there. Then I walked him to the next set of elevators and guided him to the 11th floor. Later on I got to thinking, this guy is without sight, and you would think the Kingdom hope would be of comfort to him, but unfortunately if he doesn't find agreement with 607, or who the Faithful & Discreet Slave is, or what Paul meant by abstaining from blood, well then, the Kingdom hope will mean nothing to him because he'll be destroyed along with anyone else who disagrees. I have to say that makes absolutely zilch sense.

I used to get headaches just trying to reconcile that belief ... here I was asking people at the doors ... wouldn't you like to live in a paradise on earth? Would you like to see your dead love one again? If you were blind, mute, in wheel chair ... wouldn't it be wonderful for you to see, hear, walk again? .... the relief will be that these ones will be destroyed - by the same Kingdom who is supposed to liberate them according to the promises of God.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Any pictures like THIS.......

• JeffT
    JeffT

That in 1919 Jesus surveyed all the religions of the world and picked JW's to represent Him because they taught the truth -- and they still represent Him even though what they taught then and what they teach now are two different things.

• Voices
    Voices

You know, the one where God is a hypocrite..............We can't give blood to save another person's life, but it's okay for God to give his Son's blood to save ours?

Me

• undercover
    undercover

You know, the one where God is a hypocrite..............We can't give blood to save another person's life, but it's okay for God to give his Son's blood to save ours?

Similarly - another God is a hypocrite one - the Old Testament Jehovah hated the people of the nations that sacrificed their children and babies to prove their faith in their false gods, yet expects his so-called Christian followers today to sacrifice their children and babies to prove their faith in him (no blood)

• minimus
    minimus

Large gatherings are generally frowned upon.

An elder must go thru a series of questions to determine whether or not he can marry you, especially if it's a holy Kingdom Hall.

In order to get baptized and become a Christian you must answer a series of questions by the elders.

Elders should not encourage a family member to go to evil colleges....and all colleges are evil.

• undercover
    undercover

and all colleges are evil.

I think the deans of Brigham Young, Bob Jones and Liberty University might beg to differ...

• minimus
    minimus

especially them.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

so many good ones

jehovah lives in the plaides star system

not to be competitive as in playing sports for fun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit