April 15th WT - WT Society says " Obeying Us is Same as Obeying God "

by flipper 96 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Maybe someone in the writing department slipped that SOME in there....to hint that their getting to high on their horse. Does anyone remember in one of Ray's books he talks about the old man who died? Percy I beleive. Anyway Ray got his old WTs...in one Percy wrote in the margin something like.....THE FS= God....This has been going on for a long time...but it does seem to me like its getting more and more in your face..They sure are bold aren't they?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'll be honest with you, I've said this before, but sometimes I wonder if they're purposely doing this in an effort to sabatoge their own credibility. It's like they're trapped themselves by the organization's history and teachings and trying to instigate a schizm of some sorts. I'd like to know how often the faithful and discreet slave was mentioned in years and decades gone by. Maybe someone with the CD Rom handy can find out for us.

Someone may be able to help me, but didn't Sam Herd once make the statement about another issue that if enough JWs had prayed enough about whatever matter he was referring to, that it would have caused the GB to act sooner? I can't recall what it was. That statement told me that even some of them in positions of authority aren't capable of spearheading any positive change in this organization. Its like they need help to force the issue themselves. Thats why I wonder if with every mention of the F&DS, they purposely put another straw on the camel's back in the hope that something will give. They can't reverse the blood policies, or even the shunning policies too drastically as they may set themselves up for potential liability. However they can make the religion become so suffocating and outragous that enough people along with prominent heavyweights will support a major schizm.

I know I'm following Alex Jones too much, and I probably need some rest. One last thing, if its not a calculated effort at sabotaging themselves at least with the major players being aware of it, there is at least some active moles in powerful positions up there. That "Nobody Should Be Forced To Choose" article couldn't have gotten out the doors without multiple people raising an eyebrow.

• sherah
    sherah

marking for later

• moshe
    moshe

Bend over brother Kumquat,-- the Governining Body says in the April 15 WT, that it's time for another quantitative easing of your sphincter!

-

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

From the OP, quoting the jw watchtower, non-study article

He HAS DELEGATED some authority to a faithful slave class, made up of faithful spirit - anointed Christians

I seem to have lost track of the "current light" on "spirit anointed ones". Do the GB all claim this status? Wasn't there a recent article saying in effect that even those claiming to be spirit-anointed should be obedient to "God's organisation"?

So what authoriy or priveleges does "spirit anointing" give the individual these days? And if none, why is it still something to claim?

Just wondering, Retro

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Only those on the GB have any power the rest of the anointed in many ways are just like the great crowd. Except they get to partake of wine and bread once a year. I do love the statement "He Has Delegated some authority to a faithful slave class, made up of faithful spirit= anointed Christians" How exactly was this done. Big loud voice from the sky, mystery radio or TV broadcast, clouds in the sky in the shape of names and who they are or a big rock fell from space with their names and mission on it. It is so easy to make things up. When it comes to relgion they can say anything and certain people will believe them with no proof at all. These are the same one's that are always questioning science and saying they are wrong. Any was the priveleges all individuals have under them is obey or die. It is a real easy chain of command. With no questions asked. Totally ADD

• metatron
    metatron

With their demands for complete unity and obedience, the Governing Body has learned their lessons well:

http://www.ww2archive.net/img1653.htm

metatron

• villabolo
    villabolo

Flipper:

"The leaders of the WT society THINK they've been selected by Jesus to be the authority? Says who ? Says them ? Did Jesus talk to them ? Are we allowed to see documentation of that ?"

Of course they have documentation. The documentation consists of all those Watchtower publications that teach the "TRUTH" that no one else in Christendom is. And isn't it wonderful that when Christ chose them to be his "TRUTH" declaring organization, that the "LIGHT" was so dim that a Bible Student back then would be disfellowshipped today for Apostacy?

But seriously, Flipper, They were making equivalent statements in the 1970s. I still remember the one where they quote the scripture in which the Apostles tell Jesus, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." (John 6:68). Then they say, isn't that the way we should feel about the organization?

They've always been like that.

Villabolo

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! Thanks for all the great comments and observations ! Really good takes- all of you. I'll finish responding to pg. 1 first.

JUSTHUMAN 14- I agree with you- the NEW GB does seem pretty brazen in their attempts at wielding their power. But they are a hell of a lot more idiotic than the old GB. And the old GB weren't the sharpest tools in the shed. They are young 50's & 60's and quite enamored with their positions. They are a legend in ther own mind. I hope that more rank & file Witnesses leave as well.

BOYZONE- I agree with you that they are tightening the screws because a lot more JW's are exiting out the back door . The GB HAS to keep shouting that THEY are the boss due to the ever present negative exposure which is revealed on the Internet about the WT society. The jig is up, and so is their game- they are being exposed for the scam that they really are ! Information awareness is scaring the WT leaders to death !

THE ILLUMINATOR 81- Very interesting illustration. I get that Tommy represents the Governing Body, but WHAT does the shovel represent ? The GB's control and power over us ? Personally I'd like to take my shovel and bonk each of the GB members over the head for their mind control tactics ! LOL !

PAMS GIRL- Hello ! How are you ? I agree with you- it is ridiculous for the WT society to think God NEEDS representation on earth, or anywhere. You hit the nail on the head- all the WT society leaders want is money, power, status, and I might add control over the JW members. Kingdom hall IS a factory which produces cloned JW's. They all are influenced by the EXACT same mind control.

TOTALLY ADD- Hey, how are you doing ? I also noticed that the vise of tight control started getting MORE extreme in the early 1980's and it's gotten gradually worse. I too think it started with Ray's exit and the clamping down on JW's getting together in large groups to associate outside the meetings . By large I mean over 25 people or so ) . I remember talks from the platform counseling AGAINST JW's getting together in larger groups. I feel the alleged 1980 " apostasy " caused a overreaction on the GB's part and they got paranoid ever since turning dictatorial towards groups associating. I believe that Ted Jaracz had a HUGE influence on that stricter regimine from 1980 until he died in 2010.

I too have an older brother who is an elder and he is DEFINITELY an organization man. But time will tell. I hope my daughters get out also

I'll answer pg. 2 in a little while.

• flipper
    flipper

I'm a little tired , worked all last night , gotta get some sleep. I'll answer pg. 2 & 3 tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments ! See ya tomorrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit