April 15th WT - WT Society says " Obeying Us is Same as Obeying God "

by flipper 96 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

THETRUEONE- Good points. Very true the WT society has used and exploited fear AND guilt to control all rank and file JW's in order to control their entire lives. As you said the WT society has coerced Witnesses to give up their wealth, land, lives, family, health, education, etc. This is being done to steal these assets of todays Jehovah's Witnesses. It's really sad.

SEENITALL- You paint a nice fantasy picture of what a TRUE congregation of Christians should be like. If people were sharing ideas and exchanging equal say on things . As you stated- it will never happen in the Jehovah's Witnesses. There will always be dctators controlling what JW's believe , without room for differences. Or freedom of speech. The WT society are actually made of leaders who control members as slaves

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I'm so glad we are out, aren't you ?

I remind myself of that every day . . . that knowledge, along with the opportunities that come with freedom, make what's left of life that much sweeter . . . sweetness counters bitterness.

I feel I have a much more sensitive radar now when he comes to the abuse or even mis-use of power or authority. I have complete respect for authority . . . until it "oversteps" and bully's people . . . when that happens I neither respect it nor bow to it.

Even the Prime Minister of NZ will testify to that . . . along with several other Govt officials. When I feel they have overstepped they get more than a few harsh words from me pointing it out . . . and I don't hold back. They almost expect it now I think . . . but sometimes I do get a detailed reply thanking me for my "concern" . . . so at least they're listening even if they do piss-all.

• Maze
    Maze

The Bible does speak of a spirit anointed organization of persons that would have a dependable administrative position.
    http://nlt.scripturetext.com/matthew/24.htm

“So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming. Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would keep watch and not permit his house to be broken into. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.

“A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns. But what if the servant is evil and thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? The master will return unannounced and unexpected, and he will cut the servant to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 24:42-51, New Living Translation
    Hence, the steward class is “faithful,” never betraying or abandoning Jehovah, Jesus, Bible truths, or God’s people. Being “discreet,” the steward class shows good judgment in directing the all-important work of preaching the “good news of the kingdom” and making “disciples of people of all the nations.” The Watchtower, April 15, 2011, page 4

it-1 pp. 128-129 Apostle

Administrative position. In the formation, organization, and subsequent direction of the Christian congregation, the apostles occupied a primary position. (1Co 12:28; Eph 4:11) Although they were joined by others of the “older men” in such supervision, they formed a principal part of the governing body of the expanding Christian congregation, and this body was recognized by the early Christians everywhere as the channel of communication used by God to render decisions and direct the affairs of the congregation throughout the earth. (Ac 2:42; 8:14-17; 11:22; 15:1, 2, 6-31; 16:4, 5) This was possible for these men only because of the fulfillment of the promises about guidance by God’s holy spirit. (Joh 15:26, 27) Such help enabled them to recall Jesus’ instructions and teachings, to clarify points of doctrine, and to be progressively guided “into all the truth” revealed through them at that apostolic period. (Joh 14:26; 16:13-15; compare Joh 2:22; 12:16.) They made appointments to positions of service within the congregation and also designated areas in which certain ones would engage in missionary activity.—Ac 6:2, 3; Ga 2:8, 9.

The faithful and discreet slave class has fulfilled their role of channeling Bible truths to those interested. That's the criteria for the division between those that recognize the slave class as God's faithful steward and those that don't. Those that aren't interested in what the Bible teaches generally reject God's channel of communication. If the administrative position of Jehovah's Organization isn't God's channel of communication, who is? No one here is even in agreement with the nature of God or if he even exists.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Maze . . . Maze . . . Maze

Those that aren't interested in what the Bible teaches generally reject God's channel of communication.

What about those who ARE interested and are rejected by "God's channel of communication" . . . those ignored for some reason, the mentally ill, those DF'd for no good reason, those stumbled by injustice . . . what gives the "householder" the power of judging . . . when he patently cannot render righteous judgement?

What about those who are invited into the "household" and permitted to perform appalling acts such as child abuse . . . will the householder accept responsibility for what he allows to go on in his household?

Are these the actions of a "faithful" servant?

No one here is even in agreement with the nature of God or if he even exists.

No one here claims to be "god's organisation" . . . . because the true fruitage of Christianity does not exist in any "organisation".

If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job

There is no "servant" organisation on Earth that can claim this to be true of themselves.

• flipper
    flipper

SIZEMIK- I agree with you. Life is much sweeter having our freedoms. I too don't tolerate abuse of authority by people or tolerate injustices done to others. That's good that you spoke up to the Prime Minister of New Zealand and other government officials. It's good to have freedom of speech now.

MAZE- It's an absolute stab in the dark for the WT society to even claim to be THE " fathful & discreet slave ". Jesus was just using that in an illustration - It doesn't mEAN there is supposed to be an EXTENDED application of some alleged " faithful slave " in our day ! To assume that is being deluded or arrogant on the part of the organization claiming to BE that slave

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Life is much sweeter having our freedoms. I too don't tolerate abuse of authority by people or tolerate injustices done to others.

You've won me Flipper . . .

We can't always right every wrong . . . we can't even always DO anything about bullies . . . but we can SAY things freely. When I see authority being abused I know I feel bad if I SAY NOTHING.

It's good to have freedom of speech now.

A recent experience you might enjoy hearing . . .

My eldest son was being "bullied" by his small-brained boss (Branch Manager) for many months. With the rash of Earthquakes we have had here, he developed a major stress problem, tossed in his job, and moved to another part of the country.

The situation annoyed me intensly. Because of his more pressing problems, my son was prepared to just 'walk away'.

I engaged the Company (a multinational) in several months worth of e-mail correspondence on the matter, on my son's behalf. It culminated in my requesting an audience with company representatives to resolve the matter.

When it came to eye-balling them, I simply told them I was not fooled by their smokescreen of bullshit, and if they didn't get serious I would be filing with the courts and dragging their sorry asses into the open and exposing their stinking pile of crap for all to see. After requesting some time of "private" consideration (I just went out to the carpark and smoked cigarettes), they re-appeared with a settlement agreement and a cheque!

I told them the amount was a joke . . . they scurried off again . . . and came back with a bigger one.

My son has a new job which he loves . . . now he has a new car to get to work in.

Following this through gave me tremendous satisfaction. I deliberately used some 'colorful' language . . . but had previously decided that they had set the standard . . . and needed to know I had zero respect for them.

It was only recent . . . and I think a lifetime of being bullied (inc WTBS) came pouring back out through a singular channel. It was cathartic for sure, and set me on a new course.

Bullies are cowards at heart . . . and if you take them on, they inevitably run and hide. I will ALWAYS take them on henceforth, as I am "free" to do so.

• flipper
    flipper

SIZEMIK- Very true- we can't right EVERY wrong , but if we are aware of something and it's in our power to do or say something , and it may take courage at times - still it's a good thing to intercede and protect those who are being mistreated.

Excellent experience of you standing up on behalf of your son ! Right on ! More people need to do what you did on behalf of your son. And see how it paid off standing up for his rights ? Perhaps you should study to be an atorney in standing up for people ! Go get your degree and do it for a living ! You seem to have the knack for it. Good job ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit