by flipper 96 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, anyone?

metatron

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The rules of running a religous cult:

#1) Convince the convert/followers that the LEADERSHIP speaks for God.

#2) Tell the convert/followers to sit down, shut up, or ELSE.

Yep, the Governing Body read the cult play book.

Skeeter

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WHETHER WE PERSONALLY WILL BE THERE depends on no small degree on our humble willingness to FOLLOW God's direction

Think about it.........the "millions now living [that] will never DIE" followed them right to their DEATH, many without children, some without marriage, most without retirements. [Blindly] faithful right to the end.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

"Do You Discern the Evidence of God's Guidance?" WHAT EVIDENCE? Even a cursory reading of their history taken from their own writings shows that God cannot possibly be the guiding force behind the Watchtower. The evidence shows a changing date for the destruction of the world. (If they spoke for God they would know if and when). The evidence shows a changing of their blood policy. (Surely God would have given them the correct understanding from the beginning since lives are involved.) They had a hard time deciding if God and Jesus were the superior authorities or the governments were the superior authorities. The term "generation" has morphed into a definition that is not recognizable by the writer of any dictionary.

I was in the WT for more than 38 years and have personally witnessed all of the above changes. It is truly amazing how we all swallowed the "new light" explanation.

MIND CONTROL IS A VERY VERY POWERFUL TOOL! We should not underestimate it.

OUTLAW your cartoon is so accurate.

Reopened Mind

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Many have commented they are tightening their grip. This reminds me of what I've read about Judge Boozerford. I wonder when they'll get their own 'Beth Sarim'?

Someone commented that even the humdrum maladies sound like communist anthems.

I wonder if something is about to burst under all this pressure?

• designs
    designs

At least they are upfront about it...Hubris does that you know.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Same shit, different day. It was a similar tripe back in '78 that caused me to leave. I have no sympathy for anybody who continues to allow the WTBTS to spoon feed them this crap.

• Ding
    Ding

"He has delegated SOME authority..."

Could they please define the limits of the authority they claim he gave them?

They regulate EVERYTHING in the lives of JWs including which family members they can speak to and what life saving medical treatments they must deny to their own children.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    We are just expected to take their word for it that they ARE the alleged "faithful slave. " AND that they have the alleged " holy spirit ".

And remember, they aren't inspired by the holy spirit, they are merely directed by it- a distinction without a difference, of course, but it gives them an out every time they are wrong, and need to correct themselves.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    ....He HAS DELEGATED some authority to a faithful slave class, ....
    Other than the normal questions this raises it is a strange comment to say that they have only some authority. They behave as if they have all earthly authority but here they seem to acknowledge that they have a limited authority. They do not explain what authority in particular they are given and how it is supported by scripture.

Absolutely right, Listener. Shameful false modesty on display - what possible authority could God still have over an ordinary witness when the GB has assumed all of it for themselves. I also note that Christ does not figure very heavily in this little sample of WT theology...more like it is: Jehovah >>> Governing Body >>> JW droids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit