April 15th WT - WT Society says " Obeying Us is Same as Obeying God "

by flipper 96 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ....He HAS DELEGATED some authority to a faithful slave class, ....

Has he? Then why don't they take SOME RESPONSIBILITY when things are/go wrong or endanger the lives/mental health of people?

• Mary
    Mary
    punkofnice said: Then why don't they take SOME RESPONSIBILITY when things are/go wrong or endanger the lives/mental health of people?

Silly boy. Because then it's OUR fault for um, 'reading too much in to what was said'. Just like in '75. We just THOUGHT there were public talks given that were warning us about 'The End'----there really weren't any.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

All too true Mary. I've thrown all my old mags into a landfill site but kept a couple as 'evidence' including the 1980 'apology' for 1975 which went along the lines of what you say '' it's OUR fault for um, 'reading too much in to what was said'. '' The 'um' was very Fred Franz whom I believe wrote the 'apology' for his own stupid prediction.

I had it said to me that the pressure the GB are exerting is to clear out the deadwood and only have a cult full of those who blindly obey.

Hmmmmmmm. Not sure about that.

• poor places
    poor places

Punk of Nice,

I've heard about this 1980 "apology" but have never seen it before. Where can I find it? Or can someone provide the direct quote?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

marking

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Flipper - this post has so struck a chord with me - and Metatron I highlighted that exact same scripture to my son-in-law about a year ago - he's not in the WTS and I think he thought I was "overdoing" it a bit to make that application but I think it bears typing the whole passage out right here -

Starting with verse 3 of 2nd Thessalonians "Let no one seduce you in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called "god" or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himeslef to be a god. Do you not remember that, while I was yet with you, I used to tell you these things?"

While I would not go so far as to say the WTS is The Antichrist being watched for in this passage I would definitely say the WTS has certainly played the role of anti-Christ - taking his name out of many if not most of their songs, downplaying his role in their translation of John 1:1, and addressing all prayers to Jehovah directly, sometimes forgetting to acknowledge they must go thru Christ and request all things in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. (Nor am I going on record here as being a Trinitarian - I simply feel they have downgraded Jesus Christ's role and position.)

They define the Temple of God (not as the scriptures do at all) but as "anyplace where true worship" is practised and they limit "true worship" to only that within the confines of the WTS. And with those restrictions in mind they have definitely set themselves in the temple of The God per their own perceptions. And when they say in order to determine whether something is true or not we must inquire of "Jehovah AND his organization" they have linked themselves to the very position of God, Himself, and even specified which God - the great God, Jehovah, by identifying themselves as His witnesses. The idea that He gave them this name as a badge of approval is as bogus as all the rest. That's why I try not to even refer to them as JW's for fear of blaspheming His great name. Are they publicly showing themselves to be a god - I think that can be answered not only in the affirmative - but that is THEIR PURPOSE.

And in addition they have placed themselves in the "mediator's role in place of Christ" - blasphemy indeed - by stating bluntly and directly that all will be destroyed who do not come to God "thru the WTS." This is just as bad as it can get - I remember back in the 80's when the WT came out saying the Great Crowd did not have "righteousness" being very disturbed by just that but that one did get corrected after about two years. But the scriptures in that matter were so obvious it made one wonder if they even read them themselves as they directed us to do. Now they have a WHOPPING LOT to correct to avert divine disfavor.

Their definitions given in Flipper's first post here are humorous to apply to themselves. Per their definitions the "faithful slave" give divine direction. I, at that time, considered the Holy Spirit to have witnessed to my spirit that I was indeed one of God's children, thus I partook. I had as much authority to declare myself a faithful slave as they had so when I wrote them about a matter needing correction - their understanding of biblical chronology - did they accept it? Did they immediately make an effort to apply it? Or did they continue doing things just as they had always done? Did they accept counsel? You know the answers - I did not of course tell them I partook of the emblems because one, I knew that would not make any difference whatsoever, and if I truly was one and they truly were one they would "know the body of Christ" via Jehovah's Holy Spirit. Well they obviously didn't recognize me as "one of them" - LOL. But more to the point, did they care about representing historical truth? Did they care about the fact that the Bible was being misrepresented as being inacurrate because history and prophecy could not be lined up with one another? Did they even comprehend that the Bible itself answered this seeming dilemma - I have to answer NO to all of these questions. I am ashamed it took me so long to see the light. The last question in Flipper's list - did they look to Jehovah AND his organization for guidance - well they looked to his organization for guidance - themselves - that is obvious, not Jehovah, because the two cannot be equated to one another. I consider that equation to be worse, far worse, than equating Jesus to God, Himself, frankly.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER:

In the bible, it is clearly documented when Jehovah/God spoke to men, such as when he spoke to Moses with the burning bush, etc. You had where it took place and who the person was. There was no secret about it.

Why then would anything be different now if God supposedly 'spoke' or communicated to any person today? Believe me, if God communicated to any human being today you would definitely hear about it. It would definitely make the news. In fact, I would want to meet the person or persons who God supposedly spoke to and I would want to shake their hands. Somebody this special should be paraded on a float down main street like the pope.

Instead, what we have is a group of men making assertions of a very serious nature with nothing concrete to back it up and just expecting gullible people to eat it up like cake. Sorry, just because somebody 'says so' doesn't cut it as far as I am concerned. I never accepted their 'divine' claims.

• punkofnice
  • nancy drew
    nancy drew

You do wonder where this is all going to end up. What will happen if for some reason they feel threatened that their way of life is about to be exposed what will they demand of the millions under their control. i just wonder because inevitably it will reach its expiration date and what will it do in its torment?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Par 3 page 5: 'Do you clearly discern the evidence of divine guidance?' What a load of crap! For starters the evidence is clear that the GB can't make its' mind up on which generation Jesus was talking about. Divine guidance, my ASH!

'Jehovah uses his organization to guide us , his people , through " the wilderness " during these last days of Satan's wicked world.' Another load of crap! No offense to 'Jehovah' but JWs would be better off if a blind man was guiding them. OH! Wait. Maybe the GB are blind!

'As a result we enjoy unity, love, and security'. Yah, sure, that's why the Society saw fit to have a study article this past Sunday to remind JWs entitled..... 'Respect Marriage as a Gitft From God'. JW families are falling apart! Regarding family life: The Mormons enjoy more unity, love, and security than the JWs......hands down!

Jehovah's Witnesses are a disgrace to the name 'Jehovah'.

Thank you flipper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit