Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

You assume that the big bang was the cause of the universe, on what basis?

Based on the model of the expanding universe, cosmic background radiation, an abundance of light elements, observed galaxial evolution.

And you misstate, the Big Bang is NOT considered the creation of the matter, the "cause" as creations like to think of god creating matter out nothing, but rather the event that led to the formation of the universe. It doesn't answer WHERE the matter came from.

If you could ever show me how an explosion could cause life, maybe there would be some basis.

Since the Big Bang theory doesn't at ALL involve the rise of life, your question itself shows a basic lack of understanding of the science and theories inolved, or perhaps a sublte twisting of the theorioes intentionally to make them sound stupid.

We could restate your sentence thusly, "If you could ever show me how an invisible angry person that kills millions, including advocating ripping babies out of pregnant women, yet at same time sacrifices his son claims to love everyone, if infinite in power yet can't get a book created without error or preserve the pronunciation of his name to be worshipped, created everything without he himself having had a first cause, then maybe there would be some basis."

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It violates the laws of entropy through thermodynamics.

"It" being what, exactly?

Can't win for losin'.

That should tell you something about position you are trying to defend, XBJW

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Edited for weird double post.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Entropy? If I take a broken car and leave it in the woods for 20 years, I will find that the car BREAKS down further, it doesn't evolve into a working car. An explosion of matter from a singularity may explain an expanding universe, but it does not explain ORGANIZATION. It does not explain the creation of complex information and eventual life.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If I put some dynamite in the woods and set it off, I can't expect to find a house at the blast site.

• cofty
    cofty

Brotherdan your ignorance of science is awesome - as entertaining as it is please don't hijack this thread

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

An explosion of matter from a singularity may explain an expanding universe, but it does not explain ORGANIZATION. It does not explain the creation of complex information and eventual life.

Exactly. Gravity and other properties of spacetime create localities or orderliness in a general entropic environment.

Entropy? If I take a broken car and leave it in the woods for 20 years, I will find that the car BREAKS down further, it doesn't evolve into a working car.

Of course, not. It is evolving, however. The car breaking down is not entropy, per se.

If I put some dynamite in the woods and set it off, I can't expect to find a house at the blast site.

Of course not. However, you will see orderly patterns based upon various physical laws.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Brotherdan your ignorance of science is awesome - as entertaining as it is please don't hijack this thread

Sorry for my part :(

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    your ignorance of science is awesome

Nice specific example, cofty. Me and NVL have debated atheism and evolutionism in the past. He knows where I stand. And I do have an understanding of science. Not all scientists are evolutionists, you know.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

"Can't win for losin'.

That should tell you something about position you are trying to defend, XBJW"

Uhh...okay. I don't think you understood but as an idiot Christian it's likely I'm wrong on this. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit