Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

The Caananites did nothing more than live somewhere God wanted the Israelites to live. As I have written, the Israelites morals and standards were no better and often worse than those around them, so EVIDENTLY their holy god made them a WORSE people. Doesn't say much for God. - NVL

You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. Leviticus 20:23.

The Caananites were driven out because of the abhorrent things they were doing. They lost the land because of it (the scripture before this one states that th land vomited them out) Israel was not to continue in their ways, but they ended up doing so anyway. That is on them, not on God.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    What a horrible belief system xtianity is - I used to love it more than life itself.

Sylvia is quite right, there are no innocents at least not in the what we think of "innocents".

God see us all as "broken" without His love that strengthens Us and helps us to so much more than we ever dream possible and the reason we are "broken" is because of our pride and arrogance, are will to do "for ourselves" before we do for others and even babies have the innate "brokeness" and that is why God, loving us as much as God does, Came to US and blessed Us with "His" Grace and filled us with his love because we are NOT innocents in the truest sense of the word, but we will be, oh yes we will be and it will be throguh God's love and Grace.

Christ is Love, a love so strong, so beautiful that it turns Hate into love, anger into joy, indifference into compassion, dark into light, all through Christ's wonderous Love and God's Grace.

Don't ever hold that things that christians do against Christ, wll he ever wanted was for us to give him the chance to love us.

He will never force it, never for himself on Us, but he will always be there for us, waiting for us with loves embrace.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSac, while we disagree on many things this is why I like you. Well, that and many other things.

Too kind...

Disgreement is not a bad thing, it makes us think and keeps as from being to comfortable in our beliefs and I thank you for all the times you challenge me.

You pagan ;)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The Caananites were driven out because of the abhorrent things they were doing. They lost the land because of it (the scripture before this one states that th land vomited them out) Israel was not to continue in their ways, but they ended up doing so anyway. That is on them, not on God.

So what were they doing that made them worse than the Israelites?

God see us all as "broken" without His love that strengthens Us and helps us to so much more than we ever dream possible and the reason we are "broken" is because of our pride and arrogance

Cults shoot their wounded. If you try to use this to defend God's actions, then killing your broken children is even MORE abhorrent.

You pagan ;)

I prefer heathen :)

• tec
    tec

So what were they doing that made them worse than the Israelites?

Child and human sacrifice to their gods that I've read. I have no idea what else they were doing. I only know that the customs they had and the atrocities they committed, according to what is written, were what made them so abhorrent. It wasn't because they were in the way of the land God wanted to give the Israelites.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Tammy, i think it was specifically related to fertility cults and sexual idolatry, the same things the Israelites did often and WEREN'T killed for. God appears to be partial....

Interestingly, the Canaanites, doing the SAME THINGS THE ISRAELITES WERE DOING, just HAPPENED to be living on the land God wanted the Israelites to have and were condemned for the SAME THINGS THE ISRAELITES HAD DONE AND WOULD DO AGAIN.

• cofty
    cofty

Child and human sacrifice to their gods that I've read

So annihilating thousands of children was god's way of ending child sacrifice - oh the wisdom of god

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

PSacramento,

"There will never be a "common ground" on this issue between belivers and non-believer, heck there isn't ene a common ground between ALL beleivers on this issue.

This is how ancient Man viewed warfare:

A goes to war against B because *insert reason here*.

A and B ntoh pray to their chosen Deity and offer sacrfices.

A and B go to war.

A wins and slaughters B and depending on the heat of battle and animosity, the slaughter can progress beyond the battlefield and many times does.

A thanks their Deity and knows their sacrfice was good and their Deity is plased, they Won after all and it is their Deities will thei devotion to It that brought their victory.

B thinks/knows that their sacrfice was not acceptable to thyeir Deity and as such It punished them for their desobdienc and onworthy worship, their Deity punished them by allowing them to be defeated and their women raped, children killed and their soccer field mowed the wrong way.

Victor writes/passes on their victory in the annalls ( or anals depending on your view) of history."

And there's a problem with this?

We are free to believe as we believe. As free Christians no longer bound by a religion that forced its interpretations on us we can use our own consciences and minds and not that of others. If a Christian says "I believe everything in the Bible is literal," they are ridiculed. If a Christian says, "I believe there are parts of the Bible that are allegory," they are accused of trying to find an excuse for those parts of the Bible they can't defend. LOL Can't win for losin'.

The fact is that it does not matter what others think about our beliefs. Do I believe the flood was literal? What does that have to do with others? Do I believe it an allegory, so what! Was Jesus the Son of God? Did Adam and Eve actually exist? Is the Bible inspired of God or is it guided by God? All of these beliefs belong to the individual Christian and have nothing to do with what others may believe or not believe. We are not responsible for the Watchtower's misuse of the Bible as well as others who have done so. We are not punching bags who must stand up and take it in order to prove our beliefs to others. No, we are simply people who believe in something beautiful, Christ and his love for us and everyone. Sometimes, it seems, we are invited to participate on a thread mostly to provide some entertainment for the viewers, how this kind of behavior makes someone more intelligent or more sophiscated than us is hard to understand but they believe it does. I enjoy the discussions but do not enjoy providing entertainment like a clown in a circus. Jesus' death means too much to me for that.

Well, off my soapbox...your post of course was accurate but as I said at the outset...and there's a problem with this?

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

PSacramento,

"That is why Jesus could say to love your enemies and not slaughter their women and children."

Did Jesus correct or condemn Moses for the "slaughter of women and children" or did he say it was wrong for God to destroy Sodom or that God did not destroy Sodom? Did Jesus say the flood of Noah's day did not cause the deaths of many? I try to let Jesus speak for himself. :)

• cofty
    cofty

You assume that the bible contains authentic words of Jesus on what basis?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit