Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Cofty,

"You assume that the bible contains authentic words of Jesus on what basis?"

I'll give you one for your next post on this thread, ready for it?

I believe the Bible contains the words of Jesus because I choose to believe.

Some believe Ronald Reagan was God's gift to mankind I choose to believe Jesus was. :)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You assume that the big bang was the cause of the universe, on what basis?

If you could ever show me how an explosion could cause life, maybe there would be some basis.

• cofty
    cofty

At least your honest about your position, that's easier to respect than those who pretend their faith is based on objective evidence.

• cofty
    cofty

brotherdan the evidence for the big bang is so sound its a long time since I heard a creationist attempt to deny it. I think that's another thread though, this one is about the ethical problem faced by those who hold to the inspiration of scripture

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Just showing how your side of the issue makes no sense either. It violates the laws of entropy through thermodynamics.

But you're right. Different thread.

• cofty
    cofty

Oh my god not the laws of thermodynamics!Why don't you throw in "why don't we see monkeys turning into humans anymore?"

For crying out loud do some research in some proper science books and post what you discover on another thread.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Oh my god not the laws of thermodynamics!

Nice intelligent come back. Those retarded laws of thermodynamics. Who mentions those anymore?!?

ANYWAY! We will all be responsible for our own decisions and when we all die we will see who is right and who is not.

• cofty
    cofty

Which is to evade the original question.

We don't need to wait to logically weigh the evidence and conclude that the bible is no more a reliable foundation on which to build our lives and the future of our families than was The Watchtower.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You'll see, cofty.

• cofty
    cofty

I have already, I did my 9 years as a bible believing xtian after leaving the borg. Just a shame it took me so long to apply the same objectivity to the bible that I needed to escape the watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit