Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Someone should have told the Romans that ;)

Oh, they will be told and shown, including the one who pierced Him in His Side. Revelation 1

By the time the Romans came against Jerusalem, the Temple was composed of living stones. 1 Peter 2

Those stones will be gathered to Him when He touches down upon he Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14 and Acts 1

Hallelujah!

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Good point PSacremento. Its also the basis of modern Israel's justification for ongoing war crimes against the women and children of Palestine

Well...I don't want to get into a discussion about wars of that nature, I saw first hand the result of ethnic and ancestrial hate when excused by "war" when I served in Bosnia.

I recall as a young man reading about the code of the warrior, the code of chivalry and bushido and Wude and so forth, the code of the warrior knights that fought to protect those that couldn't protect themselves.

It was a tad hearbreaking to see that it was pratically non-existent outside of "fairy tales".

Uncommon valor is NOT killing, but allowing to live.

• cofty
    cofty

PSacremento thank you for your very thoughtful response, if only more believers were so intellectually honest.

It would be fair to say would it not, that you can only take your reasonable position by holding a view of scripture that does not see it as the literal word of god?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Was the pilot of the Enola Gay tried for war crimes?

No. He wasn't. Of course, picking the example where someone wasn't in no justifies the act or excuses those that should be. Simply because the crew of that bomber weren't doesn't mean that they weren't guilty and it doesn't mean that others should be exused. Check out this list, for example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_crimes

Wars kill innocent people all the time.

Yes, they do, but that in no way excuses it. People die from malpractice all the time, but that doesn't make it OK.

Intentionally slaughting whole populations, commmitting genocide IS a war crime and those guilty should be punished. God, for suggesting it, is a war criminal.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The 7 nations who inhabited The Promised Land would have done well to heed this lesson.

The Caananites did nothing more than live somewhere God wanted the Israelites to live.

As I have posited before on similar discussions, NO ONE - including babies and children - is innocent in the sight of God.

As I have written, the Israelites morals and standards were no better and often worse than those around them, so EVIDENTLY their holy god made them a WORSE people. Doesn't say much for God.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, those accounts sicken me, make no mistake about that.

The accounts of the suffering of Jesus of Nazareth also sicken me.

Yet, the same Book that chronicles those horrible deeds points to a time when all such things will be no more.

Again, Hallelujah!

Syl

• cofty
    cofty

NO ONE - including babies and children - is innocent in the sight of God

What a horrible belief system xtianity is - I used to love it more than life itself.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The Ninevites were warned, is it possible that God knew they would repent and turn around if warned? Yes, thus the warning.

Pure speculation. Once you start trying to make your case with speculation, you can just make up anything. Best to stick the written word and get torn up over that things you just make up.

In the time of the OT this was the way it was. Whether the accounts are literal or allegorical matters little, either way we learn something about God.

Correct. We have learned that God killed more people than anything else, felt that slaughting women and children and cutting open the stomachs of pregnant women was a good idea. We learn that the Israelites acted worse than the peoples around them. By inference, we learn association with God makes people worse and kills the neighbohood.

There is only One who can guarantee that each man and woman and child has a hope for a better life and though we may not understand Him, or think His ways wrong, it is a hard truth that it is only through God that all peoples and individuals can have a hope for a better life, a life worth living.

That's right, you too can have a better life of "Submit or die."

Killing the shit out of EVERY LAST M#therF%cker in the room seems to be a common thing with God.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Actually, it is quite correct to judge the actions of ancient man based on what we know view as our "superior morals".

PSac, while we disagree on many things this is why I like you. Well, that and many other things.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It would be fair to say would it not, that you can only take your reasonable position by holding a view of scripture that does not see it as the literal word of god?

I belive that much of the bibleis inspired, much is history, much is story telling, I belive the bible to be infalliable in regards to God but NOT inerrant in regards to how MAN wrote what they THOUGHT about God.

The bibel tells us a few times to test what we are being taught/are reading, it tells us the scribes were accused more than once about altering the word of God and claiming to speak for God when they didn't.

No, I do not take all of the bible as literal, much less the literal Word of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit