Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    In the long run, genocide or attempted genocide on the part of one group over another doesn't work because you never get all of them and what it creates IN the people trying to kill a whole other group of people is a contempt for ALL life that shoots them in the foot eventually.

That's a really important point. I have just finished reading "The Great War for Civilisation" by Robert Fisk. He was, actually still is, Middle East correspondent. He worked for The Independent newspaper for a large part of his 30 year career.

His book is uncompromising in describing the horrors of warfare in that troubled part of the world. From the Armenian genocide by the Turks in 1918 through the massacres in the Palestinian refugee camps of Shabra and Shatila in 1982 to Saddam Hussein's gassing of 5000 Kurds at Halabja in 1988 to the countless attacks on civlilians by both Israelis and Palestinians

I was left with an awful sense of pessimism for the future. There seems to be a never-ending cycle of violence. The cheapness of human life is sickening.

If there was a god who ordered his army to massacre women and children he dehumanised them in a way from which they would never recover

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Cofty,

You now see why Jesus tried to drill in the heads of those that would listen, the value, the upmost importance of forgiveness and loving the enemy, it truly is the only thing that will break the circle of hate and violence.

Sure it is hard, almost impossible, but it is the only thing, truly.

• Bucholz
    Bucholz

This article goes to my Top 10 JW.net articles. Fascinating!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I always wondered if these events were truly accurate why God didnt just kill the captives himself, sending an angel at night like he did with the Assyrian army and sparing the mental effects that killing babies and woman would have on the Israelite warriors. Theres at least 2 times that i know of were the bible in probably mistranslated not including sperious additions. One were Goliath was like 9 feet tall, other evidence and older translations of the texts say closer to 7 feet. and were Jesus says its easier for a camel to get through a needle, the same word in Greek means Rope. So with that i mind maybe some of these events were not accuratly put down in writing, for God doesnt seem to be any were near as loving as his son Jesus but Jesus says he is.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit