suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I just received a telephone call from an elder in my folks' congregation. My folks are currently out of town in NY and the elder couldn't remember if they were coming back today (Monday) or tomorrow. I told him they'll be in tomorrow.

He then told me that the bookstudy held at his house will be cancelled and the JWs assigned to him will be going to another bookstudy tonight because he is going to the bombed KH site because he'll be on the rebuild project.

As saddening as the suicide is, this really makes me angry. The only thing the local JWs are focused on is rebuilding their precious f**king KH.

To be fair, I'm sure some good hearted JWs are saddened by the man's suicide, but most of qualified male Dubs I know are in full A-Team mode, preparing to swoop in and rebuild the KH BECAUSE MISSING A FEW MEETINGS IN LIGHT OF A MAN'S SUICIDE IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Besides, who would even want to go inside that KH anyway knowing that some man was so distraught that he chose to take his own life inside of it?!?!?!

Are any of them wondering WHY he did it?!

Gah, I can hear it now. ".....this old system......Satan......"

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Thanks to all who gave me some info.

I checked the link and I myself had posted a suicide that happened over 15 years ago involving a good friend of mine. That link is filled with tragedy.

"Apostates" burned the hall?? Sure, blame everything on apostates. I am daily impressed by the superior reasoning abilities of all JW's. What amazes me is that they learned all about psychology, philosophy, financial planning, and many other topics while in HIGH SCHOOL!! They surely didn't learn it in college, right?? But when did they study it in high school? I never saw any courses on these topics. Oh, wait, I know. It was during STUDY HALL. See how that fits? Kingdom HALL and Study HALL. Both have the word HALL.

So, using Freddie Franz's ever popular and accurate weather/Armageddon/lottery ticket numbers/horse race prediction system, we take the fact that both places have the word HALL in them, so future JW's must have had visions about how cults work and also learned how to spot "apostates". The rest of us slept in peace with no attempt to pretend we were studying (why not, the teacher was nodding off as well). But future JW's had visions about college topics and were able to learn 6 or 8 years worth of college material in a few short months. I'm impressed. I'm also pissed as hell. I wasted thousands of dollars and many years to obtain my degree and knowledge and I could have just slept in study hall while holding a WT in my hand so I would be able to see visions about education.

Now we take 70 years of high school students sleeping in study hall, and we add to that 129 years of JW's sleeping in Kingdom Halls (during meetings, of course) and we get over one million JW's today who are now able to appear to be awake while actually being in a coma. The number 129 is an earthly number since it is what their IQ could have been had they NOT become JW's. The number 70 is their CURRENT IQ because they DID become JW's, thereby damaging their brain for life. If we subtract 70 from 129, we get 59. This number represents how many weeks of study hall they had (about 42 weeks of school annually in the US) minus 17, which represents how old they were at graduation. See, it's simple. Was I right, Freddie??

Okay, now for "A homosexual thing"??? Oh, was the shooter male and so was the church building? Was the gun male and the shooter chose a male gun instead of a female gun? No, that's wrong. Maybe the bullets were male and that's what he was attracted to.

I have to stop. I'm getting a headache. The same as I used to get while a JW. Okay, now using Freddie's formula for headaches, I last had a headache 70 weeks ago.........

• kool aid man06
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You've got to be kidding

• DJK
    DJK

It still says Kingdom Hall. I noticed the comments section was gone a few hours ago and thought it was my work computer unable to access that portion.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yesterday the story was much more detailed, and clearly mentioned JW's. Is this common to essentially rewrite a story?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sure it is common, especially when a JW just might happen to work in the newsroom. I have been told by a local XJW that here in Knoxville there are several JW's that work for the newspaper, some even in the newsrooms.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have been watching Fox this weekend for any news about it and have not heard anything. The tragedy in TN

, the Church shooting has overshadowed it all.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    also mentioned about the Knoxville church shooting, and she had already watched it on the news. I kid you not, she said "it sounded like it was some kind of homosexual thing" I don't know where she got that idea

Sensationalism. Sells stories and all the media are looking for one angle or another. I watched the interview this morning and the chief didn't say it was a hate crime - the facts in the letter were that this man was in his 50's, no family or next of kin, was unable to find work for a few years or months, received notice that his food stamps were being severely reduced or cut off and was deeply offended at the liberal slant of the church including their attitude toward gays.(and I'm guessing liberalism altogether).

It would appear to me after hearing all those facts, that it was a cumulative effect of all those things but the final straw for him was being cut off from his food source. He may have wanted the police to shoot him rather than commit suicide himself but that is just my own speculation. I heard the reporters questioning the chief and it was obvious they were looking for their news slant. More readers will buy the paper if the headline reads 'hate crime' than they will if it reads 'man depressed over unemployment'. The ACLU and every activist group will rally and investigate if the topic is 'hate'...who in society really makes the headlines in caring about a guy who went 'off' because of stress and depression? A real tragedy on so many fronts - sammieswife.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks for your view

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit