suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

For the structural engineers among you - 8 main trusses were taken out or heavily damaged and the wall was structural. The trusses have been replaced

The accelerant etc shows the brother meant to commit suicide and take the hall with him or at least do as much damage as possible

This was a deliberate calculated act designed to inflict as much damage as possible

A huge RBC task force is on site tomorrow and this weekend though much work has already been done

I heard the figure of 100,000 dollars available though I doubt that will all be used due to donations etc.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

THE BRANCH has said "the Show Must go on" - dedication not this weekend but the following weekend. As soon as I know the speaker I will let you know

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The why is still speculation. He (Brother Phillips) had emotional problems recently, but all is speculation as to WHY. He was still an activ serving elder and given a public talk within the last 6 months

• choosing life
    choosing life

Thanks stilla. The brother that died was related to a brother in my area. I have been listening to the jws around here try to explain this away. I wonder if the real truth will get very far amongst the witnesses?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In my opinion - the full truth will never be known in this case. As I said, WHY?

• anglise
    anglise

A very sad situation.

Anglise

• Satanus
    Satanus

Did he have a wife, kids, other relatives in the borg, or out? What about parents, bros, sises? How long had he been an elder?

S

• StAnn
    StAnn

To do what he did, he must have really been despairing for quite awhile. I feel very sorry for him but I also feel terribly sorry for his wife and kids. Y'know how there are "signs" people always see after someone commits suicide? You can't help but assume that the wife is tearing herself apart, wondering how she could have missed this or what she could have done to prevent it. It's hard enough to deal with your family and community after a family member has committed suicide, but to have that community become the entire nation and have it in the national news must be terribly distressing.

With most suicides, no one is ever completely sure of the "why."

I can only hope that this action will cause someone in his community to dig a little deeper to find out why he did this and, in turn, they will find out that the WTS is a "snare and a racket" and they can extricate themselves from it.

StAnn

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

Jehovah's Witnesses act very strange concerning their fellow Witness friends who become mentally distressed. It seems that very little compassion is shown when fellow Witnesses "snap". Dr. Jerry Bergman, former Witness and author of one book entitled "Jehovah's Witnesses and the problem of mental illness" describes in great detail Witness behavior and how they disconnect from the real world. Listen to Dr. Bergman describe how careless and unfeeling the Watchtower is over infants dying at a convention.

http://sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/5mentaldistress.html

• StAnn
    StAnn

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit