suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Your head explodes at the next Service Meeting!.....Sure it may kill a few people sitting beside you.

A good reason to stay away from the weak ones.....far away!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Unfortunately not a good weekend to be at any church.

Just where is God's spirit?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391786,00.html

6 Hurt in Shooting at Tennessee Church

Sunday , July 27, 2008

FC1

ADVERTISEMENT

WASHINGTON —

This is a developing story. Click refresh for updates.

Six people were hurt, two seriously, after a man walked into a church in Knoxville, Tenn., Sunday and started shooting while kids were performing a play there.

None of the kids was hurt, according to FOX affiliate WATE-TV, who said none of the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Church members claimed to recognize the suspected shooter.

"He started firing with a shotgun," Whitney Holmes, a reporter for WATE told FOX News. "It happened about 20 minutes into the service."

Channing Smith, a reporter for WIVK-FM, told FOX News that the suspect had long, blond hair and was in his 40s. He was wearing jeans and a T-shirt.

"Church members say he did not appear to be a member of their church," Smith said. "They aren't sure why he was there."

Thirteen shots were fired before the man was overtaken by members of the church, who held him until police arrived.

"He did not give a fight," Holmes said.

One church member told Smith the shooter may have stopped firing when he ran out of ammunition. The incident occurred a little after 10 a.m.

The children were performing the play "Annie Jr." when the shooter entered. Smith said the victims were all taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center.

• journey-on
    journey-on

This is tragic. Any suicide is though. The fact that it took place in a Kingdom Hall speaks volumes. IMO, now

would be a good time for the media to expose the fact that depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and other forms

of mental illness is rampant among Jehovah's Witnesses. Much research has been done on this and can be

verified.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Not unusual for an arsonist who is splashing gasoline around inside a building to be killed when it explodes from some ignition source. He may not have intended suicide.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

What a surprise of a story....I'm sure many are panicking.

the local people will really be talking about this one...

hope4others

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is so sad...

We should all be thankful that we are no longer part of that dangerous cult. Too many lives have been/are being affected in so many ways that unfortunately we will be hearing more and more stories like this. Yet, they still say that they are the "Happiest people on Earth". Sad indeed...

My condolences to the "Brother" that evidently felt that there was no other way out. Thankfully, he didnt bring anyone else down with him.

The Watchtower Org. is a dangerous entity.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Not unusual for an arsonist who is splashing gasoline around inside a building to be killed when it explodes from some ignition source. He may not have intended suicide.
    That's true, Gregor. I just read the other thread on this topic. No one knows yet whether this was a suicide. Rumors and gossip run rampant in matters like this, especially among JWs. It does sound like an odd method of suicide, doesn't it?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

RBC is on the scene this afternoon. I have been asked to help next weekend with the clean up and reconstruction. Will give you updates and the inside track as soon as I know more

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

An announcement was made at our hall that the man was "mentally unstable". The emphasis of the announcement was that the Hall would be rebuilt in time for its dedication. The show must go on! I told my wife that the important thing was the man's life. The whole announcement felt tacky to me.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I told my wife that the important thing was the man's life. The whole announcement felt tacky to me.

Well, this IS the JW way, isn't it? One's Life on this side of the new system is virtually meaningless to them. Will this incident

cause the org. to investigate the rampant mental illness within its ranks? NO. Will this man's family be comforted or consoled? NO.

Will he even be allowed a service at the KH (if he was in good standing)? NO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit