suicide and explosion at Kingdom Hall on Sat. July 27

by kool aid man06 157 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

The really sad thing is, they will turn the whole thing back on the man himself. They'll claim he was mentally unstable and distraught but they won't take any of the blame for his mental state! They'll sacrifice any good views and testimony of others about the man, and paint him an abberation and insist that this was a random and almost unheard of occurence among the JWs.

Yes, I hope the media starts investigating the factors involved in this man's breakdown.

Just whatever they do, I hope they just don't stop at what the org tells them.

• changeling
    changeling

Could it have been our CHL?

changeling :)

• Casper
    Casper

Such a sad situation...

The show must go on! I told my wife that the important thing was the man's life. The whole announcement felt tacky to me.

Even more sad are the JW responses...

Journey-on,

So true...

Cas

• journey-on
    journey-on

Yes, I hope the media starts investigating the factors involved in this man's breakdown.

Just whatever they do, I hope they just don't stop at what the org tells them.

Somebody ought to put a "bee in the bonnet" of the local media in the area. How about a little old-fashioned investigative reporting.

All JWs care about is their "clean image".....and we know it's a false image at that! They need to be exposed for the hypocrits they are.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There are a lot of unknowns with this situation as it stands, it has yet to be established for example that the person was even a JW,

he could have been a non-jw that was pissed off of having a KH in his neighborhood so he broke in to try and damage it and something went wrong

or he could have been a df-jw that was trying to evoke some kind of revenge or he could have been someone that recently found out

that it wasn't the truth after all and thought that he should do something about it.

There is well documented information around on the psychological damage the wts. can have on some people and yes right to deadly suicide.

Its a sad and unfortunate story either way.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

HE IS A JW - I knew him - also confirmed that he was a brother from the platform at our hall today

• StAnn
    StAnn

If you knew him, was he really mentally unstable?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes Stilla if you knew him what was his name and back ground ?

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Stilla--

Are you kidding?! Please tell me you are. The local brothers are already meeting and organizing a rebuild?! Jesus, it just happened yesterday!

Well, that makes what my father told me make sense. He and my mother are in NY right now at the Russian DC, but he told me that someone who he talked to when it happened mentioned that the local BoE were going to meet and organize where to temporarily route the meetings. Going, as in they hadn't met yet.

I thought, isn't that typical. Here the dust hadn't even settled and the first thing they do is arrange it so that not one meeting is missed.

Sickening.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

announced from our platform this morning. The RBC are at the site this afternoon and all local brothers who are available will be there next weekend. This is NOT a joke. I am serious. I will release further details throughout the day. Als osee the Kansas City Star paper today and also check out the 9.00 pm local news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit