Fallout From GB Anti-College Letter – This Will Cause Problems!

by Seeker4 179 Replies latest members private

• asilentone
    asilentone

it is okay for children to go to Elementary School and High School, but not college?

• CunningMan
    CunningMan

still_in74,

I doubt that the society relies only on donations. They also have investments including the stock market, trust funds, and tons of real estate.

asilentone,

Elementary and High school are allowed since it is required by law.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    It might be a stretch to assume this but "sifting" out a couple million reprobates would certainly improve the WTS coffers. It would also be a complete reversal in the seemingly obvious stance of the WTS to continually "cook the books" - make the numbers look better than they are. ie: 15 minutes for oldies, 3 paragraphs = bible study, more family studies, etc.

Ironically, this kind of development in the organization could be spun to have Biblical / prophetic significance. The Watchtower organization repeatedly parallels itself with the ancient nation of Israel. The Biblical accounts describe many true worshipers turning away from Jehovah; and a small minority remaining faithful no matter what. A significant decline in membership among the JWs could be spun (and gleefully accepted by the rank and file) to be a sign that the end is ever nearer.

In Jesus' sermons, he stated that "the love of the greater number would cool off". The Watchtower is able to not only apply this to Christendom, but can also present a dual meaning in that this also applies to Jehovah's modern day people. If growth figures and membership numbers in the organization fall off; would this not be interpreted among JWs that Jesus' prophetic words were now being fulfilled?

The most devoted Watchtower Witnesses can observe any event or development and allow it to bolster their faith in the Watchtower's organization concept, no matter how obsurd.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

AatG:

I now have a BA. And I see the WTS for what it is.

congratulations... I am working on a second associates and then my BA (maybe in business)...taking my time to avoid student loans and not get too stressed out.

college is what opened my eyes.... I was serving as an elder, taking 18 credits...and you can bet there was one elder especially (Brother Jackass) who was constantly pontificating from his perch as WT Conductor about the evils of advanced education...and that there is no need to go beyond high school....

I have a JW friend who is an elder and an instructor at a local community college... he is getting some flack now from a couple on his BOE (a BOE I once served on)....I wonder how long he will be allowed to continue before he is given an ultimatum? (and I believe he will step aside as an elder before he gives up a job he loves). I know another brother, who is never going to be looked at for "privileges"...because he teaches at the same community college...foreign born...came here on a student visa, was baptized while going to university, and now has a doctorate and is teaching as a professor....and is a definite advocate for advanced education.

Now that I think about it...the PO of that same congo "allowed" his daughter to go to the same college.... I dont know if she is going to pursue a 4-yr degree...I dont think so...I think she is using her freshly minted associates to pioneer.....::gag::

I love this...I hope this is true and gains some traction...the more elders who have to make the decision to be elders, or better their or their children's lives with college, the harder it will be on the remaining elders that have to carry the heavier load....... and hopefully this will have a domino affect....I can hardly wait...

SnakesInTheTower (of the "better educated" Sheep Class)

• sir82
    sir82
    Ironically, this kind of development in the organization could be spun to have Biblical / prophetic significance. The Watchtower organization repeatedly parallels itself with the ancient nation of Israel. The Biblical accounts describe many true worshipers turning away from Jehovah; and a small minority remaining faithful no matter what.

I can see it now!

Apostates are the 10 tribe Kingdom of Israel, while the loyal JWs are the loyal nation of Judah!

• done4good
    done4good

This is so over the top! These idiots are really shooting themselves in the foot, if not the head...

j

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The problem is that they are damned if they do damned if they don't. If they allow people to go to college they have a huge loss rate and almost no retention of those kids who go because they immediately see right through the lies and bullshit. Plus those college kids are surrounded by a new peer group so lose the fear that they will be friendless and alone. They know if they leave they won't be.

On the other hand if they DON'T allow people to go to college then yes they MIGHT stay in (this is a BIG BIG might these days) However, those who don't go to college and stay in are going to earn a considerable amount less than those who go to college. They are also going to have less job security than those college grads. Therefore they will contribute much less $$$ and have a much harder time giving up that money to the society.

So does your religion die from a lack of funds or a lack of members? Either way they are dooooooooomed!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It really seems like a copy of this could be obtained pretty easily... Just take the damn thing! Our CO left his bookbag in the library half the time just go in there and take the stupid letter! I mean even if you get caught what are they going to do arrest you?

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

A@G, Congratulations on your degree. I am working on mine as well. Should graduate next year (twenty-six years late). In fact I should be studying for tomorow's final exams, but JWD is sooo much more interesting.

This subject is very important to me because I feel like getting my degree is recovering something the WT took from me. I quit college in 1980 after one year to pioneer since the end was so near and the 'work' so important. Consequently this reemphasis against college really angers me. There is no greater proof that the organization doesn't care about their own members. They will plan for years ahead to make sure the organization is in good shape, but actively discourage members from getting a good education to ensure they will have any financial security during their life or into their old age. If they're so sure Armageddon is right around the corner, why did they build new facilities in Patterson, etc.? After all, this system is on its last legs. Why did they want to waste their time and resources on things that would probably not even be used before the end?

My nephew graduated from high school this year with plans to go to college this fall. I wonder how this will affect him. I hope he doesn't end up like I did. Of course, I will only find out second hand since they don't talk to me anymore because I left 'the lie'. (oops, I guess I sound bitter.)

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

I am starting my AA on Healthcare Administration and I have to turn in an essay. I chose as my topic "Religion Mind Control". I wonder why!!! I am doing my research now. I need all the help I can get. But like many of you know I have to be unbiased about it. I still want to make my point accross, so I will let you know what I need from you guys.

In the meantime, if this is accurate, it is going to be big. Many will wonder about how much control the Society is having on the r&f, and will not like this at all. It is Massive Control in the making. Very cult-like indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit