The End of Circuit Overseers

by scotsman 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• by grace
    by grace

Some of them, although very kind with good intentions, are not well-educated nor are they good speakers. They are not trained family/marriage counsellors,

nor do they have the skills to actually counsel in matters relating to depression and other mental and emotional concerns. Yet, they get shepherding

calls all the time from congregation members to minister to them regarding such things. The wrong advice or ill-timed admonition can

create all kinds of problems for a person in such a vulnerable state. This makes for a possible LEGAL CASE AGAINST them.

Yes, I think you're right here. They don't have a clue about what they're doing. I myself would like to make a movie about my experience with my snobby P.O. He was such a jerk, I ended up in tears, and the other "elder" and my husband were both blown away by what the P.O. had said. They didn't know what to do or say. So, the P.O. decided to say a closing prayer...meanwhile I'm sobbing during the whole thing. I've often thought about filing a case against those two. I can only be glad that it happened though, because it wasn't too much longer and we found out the truth about the "truth" and got the heck out of it.

Hey, I've been away for a while. I think I need an update. Where is the org right now? I heard that the bookstudy is no longer, it's part of the Sunday meeting now? That's about all I know. What happened to the public talk? Any other wonderful news??

BTW, I just loved that Circus Overseer comment.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just read that the big super-kingdom-hall they are building for 4 congregations in North Oklahoma City was originally intended to have a CO apartment, but that is not being constructed as part of the primary effort.

They say "it may be constructed later". Probably just means they want to spend all the available money on the hall itself.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Aren't apartments in Kingdom Halls a no-no now? We had to empty the one we had at our hall a few years ago. I think it creates tax issues, which scares the WTS.

S4

• james_woods
    james_woods

here is a link - looks like they do intend on building the apartment eventually -

http://newsok.com/jehovahs-witnesses-at-work-on-new-house-of-worship/article/3244465/?tm=1210991105

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    but I thought the CO arrangement was based on scriptural example.

So was the rotational chairmanship of the body of elders (so they said) and that did not last very long. more's the pity ..

If the C/o arrangement was done away with, it would save a lot of money, granted, but it would be very detrimental to the congregations. The C/O is the tangible link between the Society and the local congregation. He comes to check that everything is being done the way that "Big Brother" wants it done.

If there were no C/O's then congs could drift into doing their own thing..Where would that end?

A visit from Tom from another congregation , whom they already know well, just would not be the same.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I love these crazy, speculating threads with so many posts starting "IF this is true...' usually followed by something completely in left field.

God, what a bunch of stuff on this one - disgruntled COs, WTS going "underground" (yeah, sure), young brothers taking over visiting congregations, combining KHalls into super churches.

Get a grip folks! We need something called proof.

Anyone got any???

S4

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    We need something called proof.

Proof? We don't need no stinkin proof.... although it would be nice.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Aren't apartments in Kingdom Halls a no-no now? We had to empty the one we had at our hall a few years ago. I think it creates tax issues, which scares the WTS.

Not in our area. The new halls are built with CO residences, if the property allows it.

What they don't do anymore is rent the properties, I believe. It is kept solely for those who "work" exclusively for the society.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

It's "very interesting" (don't you hate that overused JW term) that they would put in place a system like this? This is classic "put the fox in charge to guard the henhouse" mentality. The WT is liability further isolating itself from the congregations, putting a system in place for them to essentially watch over each other while at the same time demanding more obedience to their authority while they continue to rake in the cash.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Get a grip folks! We need something called proof.

I think most (not all) have said they were only speculating......no base in real proof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit