The End of Circuit Overseers

by scotsman 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If it were to happen...that would be really devastating for the C.O's wives...they gave up a home of their own and generally give up children just to maintain their lifestyles...

We'd usually get the older COs because of the good weather here. Most of the wives had some sort of weird dietary needs

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Looks like the waters of the watchtower river are drying up.

The internet (the greater cyrus) is damning the watchtower flow and it is becoming dry and parched

• scotsman
    scotsman

Change is what the org does. I'm always rather suprised at the excitement on here. the IBSA/WTBTS has continually mutated in belief and structure just as most religions have. Their own book (can't recall the name of it) charts it. So it's not a sign of the end of the religion, just them adapting to the times/technology/economy.

I've always been suprised that the district conventions have continued when they could make model talks with good speakers and pop them on a dvd to be watched at circuit sized events. the districts are a nightmare logistically and unneccessary expense.

• Dagney
    Dagney

We were talking about this the other night...it's quite plausible to do a corporate "restructure" of duties in anticipation of fewer and fewer appointments in the future.

There was talk, forgot to tell dncall this, from our mutual acquaintance at HQ, of a "retirement" home for DO's and CO's. It would be close to a cosmopolitan area so they could "serve" local halls easily. And they would be consolidating the "expense" (so to speak), almost like a Bethel home arrangement.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I don't know... even if they dropped 1914, and even if that meant it was no longer there for the Society to hang all their prochetic hats on, I'm not confident the average JW would notice. The Society would still say they're God's chosen channel (in more words or less), and by golly that's enough for most of the drones.

• sir82
    sir82
    the districts are a nightmare logistically and unneccessary expense.

Yeah, a nightmare for the poor local saps who have to organize everything. And an unnecessary expense for the poor blighters who actually attend.

But a hand-over-fist money-making enterprise for the org.

They will never ever ever drop DCs (though I would not be surprised to see them scale it back to 2 days). They are huge huge money-makers for them...I worked in accounting one year, and in a "money-collecting depot" (where the contents of the big cardboard contributions boxes were aggregated before being taken down to accounting) for several more years. The take for 3 days can easily exceed 6 figures (US dollars). Multiply that by dozens of assembly sites in the US, and see how it all adds up. Then add in Canada, Western Europe, etc.

DCs are the "black Friday" for the Borg.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

If the Watchtower did get rid of circuit overseers that would make tons of sense.

The Watchtower desperately needs goals for its young men to reach out for. If CO was not a full time position but rather something that a few Elders where granted as a 'privilege' then there could be a possibility for more advancement'. It would also take tons of liability off of the Watchtowers hands.

The Circuit overseers really don't do that much anyway.

• logic
    logic

Why wouldn't they drop the co? The only thing they accomplish when they come to the congregation is having all the jws be at their very best, and as soon as he is gone they go right back to the way they were. That is spending money for nothing. I really think something along the lines of what some here have said, some type of arrangement where a person visits or inspects so to speak each congregation on a very regular schedule. Why have the jws at their best only once or twice a year. It would be much better if you beat your slaves in person all the time. When the cat is away the mice will play. What ever the society does, believe me it will be to have more control over the flock not less.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Looks like the waters of the watchtower river are drying up. The internet (the greater cyrus) is damning the watchtower flow and it is becoming dry and parched

ROTFLMFAO

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've never thought of the CO arrangement as having any sort of an effect on the health of a congregation. I've stated many times that a company couldn't run with a Manager who visits the staff twice a year.

Along with that, I've had friends over the years who served and they all knew that the CO was around for a week and then he's gone. Maybe a meeting or two to endure but nothing else.

As the CO arrangement is a cost and an ever increasing cost at that, (Gas, cost of living, and most of all Medical expense), It will too fall by the wayside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit