The End of Circuit Overseers

by scotsman 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hooray....this is Goodnews for all nations.

• yknot
    yknot

journey-on & slimboyfat nailed it!

But I don't see autonomy because it would breed too much feelings of independence. The need for a "heavy' to visit and make the sheeple feel blessed to have such association will remain. Every business model that has tried to reduce company travel to nil has found the value of 'face time'. If the WTS actually does away with the COs (versus going with a part-time arrangement) then the next logical step would be to implement a video conferencing/pre-recorded message from HQ (no elder to screw up the presentation or message).

In Rosenberg, Texas we have a double KH on the grounds of the Assembly Hall. With four or more congregations attending these KHs it would make more sense cents to use the assembly hall and merge by language. Mega Churches do very well in Texas.

Much more can be changed in the name of rising costs.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

surely some diehards will soon start questioning all the changes?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Interesting news...one quick note on Letterfromthegoverningbody website; I think this guy just takes stuff from this site and post it like he has some "special channel".

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

If this proves true I think it will involve high-rate indemnities: COs, especially the older ones, cannot be dismissed as easily as (mostly young) Bethelites -- they are usually less submissive and have far more influence on the congregations. It might be an economically (and legally) sound move in the long run, but the transition is risky. The Society cannot afford thousands of discontent former COs around.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes was it Martin Merriman a discontented Irish CO that Ray Franz talks about in Cof C. If this were true (and I am waiting until I see real proof) it would be dynamite. Many discontented ex COs would just be enough to reach critical mass. They have to handle this very carefully

• Quandry
    Quandry

What the hell are they going to do now?? They don't have jobs or skills....neither do their wives! Will they just set up permanent residence the in allotted Kingdom Hall apartments?

Oh, haaaaa haaaaa haaaaaa!!!!!!!

The last CO from the Houston Tx circuit that my husband and I dealt with when my poor teen daughter was df'd by five cruel B@$%@^*$ told us that he'd write her a letter. Months later we saw him out in service doing businesses territory. I went up to him and asked where the letter was. He hemmed and hawed. It took about seven times of us asking "Did you in fact say that you would write a letter to my daughter?" before he confessed that he did. But now he had "changed his mind." Liar.....

This man of course drives the CO supplied car. He lives in the CO supplied apartment. He has CO supplied health insurance. He has expensive suits supplied, no doubt, by wealthier ones in the congregations that he visits.

Would I love to see him out on the street with no job, no skills, no car, no insurance, and no butt kissers following him around and no one to preside over? The answer is a resounding YES!!!

Again, haaaaaa haaaaaa!!!! I sure hope this is true!!!!!!!!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Maybe the Watchtower can take its cue from this: Life-size cardboard cutouts of circuit overseers placed in strategeric positions throughout the kingdom hall may help reduce the drop off in meeting attendance.

Hilarious! Steve!!!!

I wanted to add too-I bet the wives don't even know how to cook since most of the food is supplied by people in the territories.

Haaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. This is just making my day!!!!!!! Haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa

• monophonic
    monophonic

what happens to the apartments built for them?

sold as condos to help beef up the legal department's budget for the coming years.

the greatest topic ever is going to be "The End of the Watchtower Society", wonder if i'll see that in my lifetime.

this is going to save a ton of money, that's the only reason for this. can we build a deprogramming pill so it would be easier to get relatives out of the borg?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    The Society cannot afford thousands of discontent former COs around.

I agree. If anything this would have to be a long term change and not one that is announced in the KM. Slowly letting those 'temp' CO's do all the work while you no longer replace the ones that 'retire'.

My question is, with all of the things they continue to cut back when are they actually going to start introducing stuff that is new? New programs, activities, postiions, ect will help set the course moving forward. Cutting back things currently being utilized looks as if things are slowing down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit