Losch reveals newer new light at Australia Zone Visit

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doinmypart
    doinmypart
    1. Leaving babylon the great no longer fleeing from false to true religion, now it is fleeing from material things and possibly geographical.( used this as a reason to not waste time on education)
    3. The three phases are a) Turn on BTG. b) Celestial phenomena( which turns into the sign on the son of man) c) Armageddon.

If leaving BTG now means leaving material things and possibly geographical location, how is the 1st phase of the Great Tribulation (Turn of BTG) accomplished? With the old light the UN/Governments turned on BTG (religion), how does UN/Governments turn on material things...are they suggesting a turn on Capitalism?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Even selling their belongings and moving somewhere would be too much for most of them, and the older members would vividly remember pre-1975 if that was to happen.

I wish they would say something this stupid . . .

Esp if they suggested giving the money to the society.

The one thing that would have them leaving en masse would be to suggest this. I'd be all over in a month.

• lawrence
    lawrence

sir 82 & witness 007 - you got it straight!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hi "Head West dear boy" Broken Hill Australia = I wasn't there haven't been to a meeting since last Memorial.....but I did help build your kingdom hall in Broken Hill back in the 1990's.....wow what a trip!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Losch is known for saying crazy things in his talks, so I'm really not suprised. After all, anyone that would say American football is from the Devil is obviouslly insane

However, 2 things caught my eye:

8. Matt 24:14- Now totally fulfilled!!!

Ok, that's not the first time a Bethel speaker has said something to this effect. Remember last year when one of the Bethel "heavies" said this very thing at either a CA or a SAD? Then a copy of the talk made the JW e-mail rounds? At the time, I thought it was a trial balloon. Now, a GB member is saying it? Perhaps another trial balloon?

Then the geographic flight. That's a little scary. They've always said that the flight was figuaratively the flight from "false religion". The theory was that since there are JWs all over the world, the flight could not be literal. However, I could easily see them tying in the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans (which seems to me what Matt 24 was talking about anyway) and the physical flight by the Christians to the mountains to a physicial flight to some remote location by JWs today. The connection is easy enough to make but selling that to the membership I think would be quite difficult. If this ever makes it into print, then I'd be really worried for family & friends. But, I think it would take either 1) a major world event that makes 9-11 look like nothing or 2) years of conditioning this teaching for them ever to pull a Jonestown off.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Even selling their belongings and moving somewhere would be too much for most of them, and the older members would vividly remember pre-1975 if that was to happen.

Most of my witness relatives would do anything they are told to do. They called it "strict obedience." I know a lot of old timers (including relatives) who have forgotten all about the 1975 fiasco--in fact, they deny it was ever happened and refuse to look at any evidence otherwise.

Bonnie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Everyone will see Jesus, unlike 1914, every living human will literally see Jesus ( possibly in a vision)

well which is it ..literal or in a vision...can't be both

no 7 is not new...i gave a talk on this years ago...community responsibility..used the movie 'the accused' as my illustration.

as for no 1...reaching (either by speaker or by listener)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Wow. Back in the day I used to love these talks. I felt so special being part of an organization that was right with god.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Babylon is now Material and Geographical.....Toss your computer out the Window!!..Throwing Computer Out Of Window..And..Run away!..Run anywhere!..No place is Safe!!..Running Away In CirclesRunning Away In Circles................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

I wonder if he has been choosen to give these talks because he is the most 'disposable of the GB'? I mean it could all be explained away in a decade if it comes out he has some mental illness and delusions of grandeur.

So far we have from Losch:

No Football

Very limited entertainment, (your kids are rebellious because you ignored us and let them play Xbox)

Kids only extra-activities should be FS

Higher education is the same as suicide by Gunshot

Mothers, stay home and no socialization for your kids until mandated by local law.

No casual clothes (hints not direct statement) says you should be able to spot the Witless in a crowd by their clothing.

7 Tells a Romanian CA (held in Florida?) that there were 7 comings of Christ a couple of years ago?

I think there is just no direction and giving a couple of 'fanatical talks' is just a filler of time. Next as I said earlier there will be stronger hints of Armageddon, but nothing printed or specific. Control and Fearmongering- the conservatives are running the asslyum.

Wasn't the announcement of 1975 inspired by low growth stats?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit