The Spread of Muslims in Europe

by serotonin_wraith 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• justhuman
    justhuman

5ago wrote

Other than just about everyone showing total ignorance of the middles ages where the Muslims were actually more advanced than the Christian nations (in fact democracy was in the Muslim lands before the Christian lands picked it up) and the Christian world was fanatically trying to take back what they thought theirs. I don't see were anyone has proved me wrong in fact in a lot ways you just reinforced the bigotry.

This was actually in the West.

Byzantine enjoyed freedom, and there was art, and science, and intellectuals, and lot of things that in the Dark Age of the Papal Church they didn't have a clue. The main reason of the downfall of Byzantine was the Crusaders that destroyed Constantinouple 2 times.That is why the Byzantine(Romanae the actual name)enjoyed more freedom than the rest. It was the only Empire that lasted 1000 years...

The West has a lot to appologize to what they did to the Romanae, and the Orthodox Church. The Byzantine Empire stood as a defence wall against the Muslim world. Instead of supporting that wall the Papal Church destroyed their defence wall. While in Byzantine was free thought the Papal Church burned everyone who disagree with them.

• BurnTheShips
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

just adding some context to the muslim polygymy benefits subject

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=512043&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

A DWP spokesman said: 'There are fewer than 1,000 polygamous marriages in the UK and only a small percentage of these are claiming social security benefit.

trying to redeem some confidence in British government

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

Violence is oozing through the cracks of European society like pus out of a broken scab. Just when liberal opinion congratulated itself that Europe had forsaken its violent past, the specter of civil violence has the continent terrified. That is the source of the uproar over a February 7 speech by Archbishop Rowan Williams, predicting the inevitable acceptance of Muslim sharia law in Great Britain. Not since World War II has British opinion been provoked to the present level of outrage.....

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/JB12Aa02.html

Looks like you guys have your hands full over there Gill. Best wishes

You really must be more discriminating in what you read on the Internet, the amount of value you place in what you read without collusion with fact, and the agenda that hangs around your neck like an Albatross.

Did you actually check to see who wrote this incredibly biased, inaccurate and emotive article? You really should pause for thought before you worship at the altar of Control 'C' and Control 'V'. HS
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The West has a lot to appologize to what they did to the Romanae, and the Orthodox Church. The Byzantine Empire stood as a defence wall against the Muslim world. Instead of supporting that wall the Papal Church destroyed their defence wall. While in Byzantine was free thought the Papal Church burned everyone who disagree with them.

Are those the same Byzantines that said: "Better the sultan's turban than the papal tiara"?

Looks like they got what they wanted, and in spades. Very unfortunate.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Did you actually check to see who wrote this incredibly biased, inaccurate and emotive article?

"Spengler"

A nom de plume. It is biased and emotive, and unabashedly so I will admit. But it is an opinion piece by a columnist.

And the plume is mightier than the sword.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hitchens on the Bishop's recent statements:

"To Hell with the Bishop of Canterbury"

http://www.slate.com/id/2184186/

Emotive and biased? Yes. True? I believe so.

Burn

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It saddens me to see the anti Muslim sentiments of so many in the U S.. It seems that your news media fails to explain the difference between Islam and the few fanatics who use it for political and violent ends.

Perhaps because we in the UK sufferered years of terrorism at the hands of the I R A and witnessed at close hand the atrocities done by Loyalists in N Ireland , we could see that not all Irish Catholics were wanting to bomb us and we kept good relations with Ireland .

When you live alongside and work daily with Muslim people you know that people are just people, not weird or strange.

Many years ago it was "normal" to hate the Jews. Now the pendulum swings the other way, What changes?

This board, more than most people is better placed to not fall into the media manipulated fear and distrust of others .

• marmot
    marmot

5go, you continue to falsely imply that I am advocating violence.

What I want is open discussion about the inherent flaws of Islam. I am not "bigoted" for correctly stating that Islam is a flawed religion that openly advocates hate, violence and intolerance. The Koran itself labels Jews pigs and apes and calls for conversion by the sword.

Christianity and Judaism have advanced enough so that adulterers are not stoned to death and homosexuals are not hanged. Islam still does this. Read the news from Iraq and Afghanistan about the slaughter of women for either "honor killings" or trivial issues like wearing makeup or failing to wear headscarves. Read about Iran's policy of murder against homosexuals, about Saudi Arabia's stone-age misogyny and their policy towards "apostates." Leaving the watchtower gets you at most a lifetime of shunning, leaving Islam can literally cost you your life.

However, people like you are caving to political correctness in refusing to acknowledge that there is a problem or by trying to deflect the discussion by hauling out past examples of western guilt.

People can truthfully say that the god of the old testament was a genocidal maniac, mormonism can be mocked for its ludicrous claims, Jehovah's Witnesses are rightfully called a manipulative cult and people can point out the goofy and evil underbelly of scientology all without fear of repercussion but heaven forbid you should say something disparaging (yet true) about Islam!

• 5go
    5go
    What I want is open discussion about the inherent flaws of Islam. I am not "bigoted" for correctly stating that Islam is a flawed religion that openly advocates hate, violence and intolerance. The Koran itself labels Jews pigs and apes and calls for conversion by the sword.

That is not what makes you bigoted it is the failure to recognize that Muslims aren't the only ones teaching that another religion of peace does the same when it suits them but you remain rather silent on them and them doing something their extremist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit