The Spread of Muslims in Europe

by serotonin_wraith 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon
    Rather than people bring up the problems of Christianity (if anyone reads all of this!) I'd prefer this stayed focused on the Muslims. I'm well aware of the dangers from other religions, but saying "why single one out?" doesn't help solve the problem. I don't single one out - I've spoken about Christianity too, but in other threads.
    (Please don't ban me!)

I presume this is some lame attempt to divert attention from your lack of argument and biggotted opinions? Fact is, you cannot focus on Muslims without looking at the whole picture which includes interactions with Christians. Doing what YOU want to do is what doesn't solve the problem. You have to look at cause and affect otherwise you only continue with 'justifications' for wrong actions, just like extremists on the other side.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I covered this.

People in other countries are less likely to fight for land that once belonged to their ancestors many generations earlier. As a UK citizen, I should be wanting revenge on Italy for the occupation by the Romans my ancestors had to endure.

If you think Muslims are carrying out terrible acts because of things that happened to their ancestors 1000 years ago then I cannot agree.

The 9/11 hijackers were college educated individuals living in a free world. The London bombers were British citizens. The problem was the time they spent reading the Koran, not the time they spent looking up historical books on their people. If it was truly a matter of wanting revenge for the wrongs done in the past to their ancestors, then there would be plenty of other groups doing the exact same thing. You don't see the Jews carrying out suicide attacks on the Germans for what their ancestors did.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Simon. Since I see you enjoy history and want to highlight the "interaction" of Islam and Christianity, I would like to point out the following facts:

Fact:

The Near East and North Africa was a bastion of Christianity. Asia Minor and Constantinople were the "capital" of Eastern Christianity.

Fact:

Islam overran these lands when it burst out of Arabia and spread the faith by the sword. The Koran calls for this, it is a basic religious imperative in Islam. We have come to know the word only too well: Jihad.

Fact:

What happened in the Christian West, also happened to Zoroastrianism in Persia and also with Hindusm in large parts of the Indian subcontinent.

Look at a map Simon. Islam has bloody borders, it does not play well with others on the contemporary scene.

Please note the flag of the Islamic homeland. There are two choices there, the Shahada or the Sword.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If you think Muslims are carrying out terrible acts because of things that happened to their ancestors 1000 years ago then I cannot agree.

I can.

There are muslim groups calling for the repatriation of Spain into the Islamic Ummah. With the current Muslim immigration, birthrate, and militancy, coupled with Western inaction, they will have their wish.

Burn

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Is that still not connected to their faith, Burn? They feel they've been ordered to convert the world. Surely that includes countries once under Islamic control.

Quote from Sam Harris:

While the religious divisions in our world are self-evident, many people still imagine that religious conflict is always caused by a lack of education, by poverty, or by politics. Yet the September 11th hijackers were college-educated, middle-class, and had no discernible experience of political oppression. They did, however, spend a remarkable amount of time at their local mosques talking about the depravity of infidels and about the pleasures that await martyrs in Paradise.

How many more architects and mechanical engineers must hit the wall at 400 miles an hour before we admit to ourselves that jihadist violence is not merely a matter of education, poverty, or politics? The truth, astonishingly enough, is that in the year 2006 a person can have sufficient intellectual and material resources to build a nuclear bomb and still believe that he will get 72 virgins in Paradise. Western secularists, liberals, and moderates have been very slow to understand this. The cause of their confusion is simple: They don't know what it is like to really believe in God.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-harris/jewcys-big-question-why_b_35180.html

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I cannot disagree with your post Sero. However, I do not understand the point you are trying to make.

Burn, of the excess of Scotch class.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Cannibalism
    "A terrible famine racked the army in Ma'arra, and placed it in the cruel necessity of feeding itself upon the bodies of the Saracens."

I take it, Simon, that you feel the feeding on the bodies of the dead, in a life or death situation, to be a grave evil? Could you please explain why?

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Fact is, you cannot focus on Muslims without looking at the whole picture which includes interactions with Christians.

Then would you care to explain the terrorist actions of the East Turkestan Islamic Separatist Movement in China? There are precious few Christians in that Communist, historically Buddhist country. And what of actions of the same nature in largely Hindu India where Christians are a small (but ancient) minority?

I would appreciate a response.

Burn

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Burn,

It was my opinion that extremist muslims were not killing because of what happened to their people centuries ago. You said something to the effect that you don't agree, because they want Spain under Islamic control again. I don't see how that has anything to do with what may or may not have happened to their ancestors in Spain, but more to do with their wish to make every country Islamic.

I think people who say they are motivated to take revenge for things that never happened to them personally against people who were born centuries later are wrong. It's not the kind of behaviour we see in other situations where one country or race of people have oppressed another in the past.

• 5go
    5go

Burn, Simon owns the site please read the last posting guideline

1. Annoying the forum owner
      If you have a query or a complaint then send a personal message or email. This is my site and I can say or do what I want and don't need lectures from anyone who doesn't like it. If you don't like this then don't use the site.

For someone who says they love capitalism. You seem not to grasp what it means if you don't agree with the owner of something-you-like (Simon's) viewpoint. You simply get shut out of the process we he finally has enough of you. Weither you had a valid point or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit