New Yearbook stats for 2007 now out!

by Dogpatch 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hey Fark' did you forget to take your meds? notyetx described himself as an "old lurker". He finally takes the plunge and makes his first post - his very first post - and you jump all over him like mad dog with a hornet up it's arse!

What's wrong, you having a bad day?

• Gordy
    Gordy

An interesting point is that the number of Memorial partakers has again increased by 347 over 2006.
    2006 increased 234 over 2005

That means that in 2 years 581 JW's now consider themselves of the "anointed".

I remember when even if the number increased by 2 or 3 there was a big debate about it. After all in my day the "anointed" where supposed to be getting less and less as "the end" got near. A sure sign it was close.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nice job jgnat, but you can remove Ireland from the UK stats. People here would find that quite offensive. I don't think either of those sources would include Ireland.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    People here would find that quite offensive.

Yeah, people over here might too.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I think annointed are next year a five-digit-number.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well I agree on the stats getting artificially bolstered. The news hitting the media, combined with a canceled offer for Januaury, combined with a declining publisher count would be too much bad news too soon. Watching the edited video and reading the edited quotes from scientists in the literature certainly lends prof that the WTB&TS has the potential to take any statistic and doctor it to their liking. After all, can anyone find any literature that shows the great decline in attendance after Rutherford too over? It certainly wasn't mentioned in the JV book.

• searcher
    searcher

Slightly off topic (but from the report)

During the 2007 service yezr, Jehovah's \fitnesses spent over $121 million

in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers

in their field service assignments. worldwide, a total of 19,581 ordained ministers staff the branch facilities.

I thought ALL JW's were ordained ministers?

And that the society didn't have paid ministers?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My take ?

Thanks to Dogpatch and JWfacts for great work on this.....and I liked the suggestion by Billy the Ex...If only we knew for sure the answer to our suspicions..

But whatever? All the dubs will accept these figures as gospel and see God's blessing, whatever we say. It does not really matter The borg is still bankupt morally and heading that way financially...And there will always be spikes in figures. I remember some economic expessions from the last recession ; "bumping along the bottom ; dead cat bounce.....I really doubt that we see the "green shoots of recovery"

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

OnTheWayOut's prediction almost bang on

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/133255/2371874/post.ashx#2371874

The WTS has cooked the partaker numbers since 1980 (I have the math to prove it but will not release the details yet) Then suddenly the partakers go up like magic. It must be Jehobbies spirit!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Jgnat,

The figures look interesting but I think I may have misunderstood what the last column (% increase over 5 years refers to) because, for example, in Taiwan, from 4,753 (2003) to 6,054 (2007) is not a 127% increase. My basic maths is admittedly rusty, but how do you arrive at 127% increase?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit