by Dogpatch 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

Partakers last year 8,758

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ok there was 1,431,761,554 hours spent in the ministry

there were 298,304 baptized

Assuming no children it would be 4800 hours per person baptized.

Assuming that 20% are children of existing witnesses that would give around > 6000 hours per peron baptized.

Assuming 4 dours per hour of witnessing that means a total of 5,727,046,216 houses were called on to get those 298,304 people.

Considering the total population of the earth is around 6.5 billion those numbers are either complete bullshit or the average witness visits the same house on average 100 times a year, which again is bullshit. (In actual fact considering their are only 16 million that would imply a much higher number, but I keep the numbers low considering many people put hours in doing other things than knocking on doors).

ty sick of lies..

numbers take on a different meaning when looked at in a different perspective.

• notyetx
    notyetx

New poster, old lurker.

A suggestion about the numbers: Calm down!! Nothing happens in a day. Imagine 5-7 years ago when stories like the NBC story could be easily dismissed. Slow but steady progress is being made every day.

Even with a modest increase (compare the human population increases in each of the countries and the plant as a whole), this says nothing about the degree of intensity with which these beliefs are held. There is a cynicism deeply indebted with those who have been in the Organization for a period of time. Remember the current leadership (and long-term followership) are more interested in the power game. It is about maintaining the status quo and avoiding reform and renewal. Slowly but surely, the Organization will have to move. I think there is a quiet (even silent) revolution happening but it requires patience.

A second suggestion: A more scientific way to discuss the JW population. Among the people in the ex-JW community are sociologists, mathematicians, and psychologists and university professors. Professionalize the statistics and get a rival number to the official stats.

Why hasn't someone done a survey that looks not only at population numbers, but at income, age, education, "intensity" of belief, actual hours in the ministry, health issues, retirement prospects, etc.? Anonymous packets or calls to a scientific sample of JW's could give better info. (Imagine a Gallup poll type scenario.) It would be a more honest accounting of the numbers and less subject to manipulation by the Org (or ex-JWs).

Keep up the good work. Use your heads, don't lose them.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Basically.....how much longer can this lying and conniving organization get away with this blatant nonsense and still expect to maintain their "loyal and obedient" (TM) followers?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

notyetx welcome to the board and thankyou for your contribution. You are correct, patience is needed. Noquestion the increase in annointed must surely raise some eyebrows

• Vinny
    Vinny

The LDS had growth of over (((5 PERCENT))) for many years then dipping to just under 3 percent per year after 2000.

And then I am sure they've been jumping all over the Iraq war, Iran nukes, numerous earthquakes, housing market collapse, school shootings, suicide bombers bandwagon in full force, once again instilling fear to an excess, much like was done around 1975.

I am not surprised at all considering how much the panic button has been pushed that there has been a boost in growth.

Now, take away kids of JW's hurrying up to get baptized, and how much increase do you think there is then?

Take away third world countries, with no internet to counter the JW indoctrination program, and how much increase do you think there is then?

Considering how much effort the JW's put into the door to door evangelizing work, and how much fear is used in the process, how their own children are often just stuck with and pressured into becoming JW's today, then three percent growth for does not impress me at all.

The year before was 1.6. The year before that was just 1.3, which barely keeps up with the worlds population growth rate of 1.2 percent.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Good post Vinny,

I'm not an expert on these things, but I would bet anything that a 3.1% increase is probably right on par, if not below par, with what should be expected from natural population growth alone. I don't think they are all children of JW parents however, because many leave when they get old enough. More than likely this is just a sign that the old WT strategy of praying on the poor and uneducated is still working for them.

• steve2
    steve2

I'm having trouble downloading the file. Does anyone have a scanned copy of the figures? Thanks.

• penny2
    penny2

Steve2

Seeing you love numbers - you can go to the statistics section of the WTS website - they still have the old 2006 stats up. Download those into an excel spreadsheet.

When they have the 2007 numbers up, you'll be able to compare with 2006 by country more easily. You can do all lots of interesting calculations once you have the figures in a spreadsheet.

The annoying part about their website stats - they only report peak publisher numbers. We all know that's a load of BS. Somehow the August figures are always a lot higher than other months - so peak numbers will always look much better than reality.

penny

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Why is this info in the Child Sexual Assult & Child Abuse thread? A mistake?

It's no surprise the stats have gone up with all the doom and gloom on the horizon re Iran nuclear threat, middle east tensions, oil prices, crashing housing market, US dollar practically kaput, economic depression on the horizon.....a lot of JW's are secretly imagining the end of the system really, really is close this time....it just has to be...really...this is it now...its so close I can feel it...only months away...has to be this time, surely this system can't last much longer...all the signs are there....the GB know it...just look at 2008's yeartext...it has to come before 2014 I am so sure.......zzzzz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit