Pumpkins in the Kingdom Hall yard....now Christmas lights...you can too

by oompa 81 Replies latest jw friends

• MikeA
    MikeA

Everyone...... take a chill pill. This is funny. It is obvious that most of us, if not all of us, would not actually do anything illegal or even "nasty." It is the thought that is hilarious. Lighten up, ok?

I am aware that it takes awhile to get your humor back after departing a cult. To those who are recent departures, it will happen...... start by taking yourself a little less seriously. If something is funny, whether it "seems" mean or not, it is funny to you. Laugh at it! This doesn't mean you or anyone else is actually going to act on the thing that you laughed at.

For those of us who have successfully retrieved our "funny bones," we should probably make it more than obvious that we are JOKING(!!!!), so that the more recent departees aren't confused. I am not being pedantic....... really. Humor is the first thing these cults rob you of and it is probably the last thing to return....... except maybe one's humanity as a whole, which humor is certainly a part of.

Relax, enjoy and please LAUGH! Some of us have a drier sense of humor than others...... me for sure.... If it "sounds" like a joke, assume that it is a joke...... I am not a meaney and I doubt that anyone else here is, either. Assume "joke" until proven otherwise. I think that would be a safe assumption.

Noni..... that was FUNNY and the reason it was funny to me was due to the simple fact that I never thought of that before AND it was "unexpected" with a tinge of incongruity. That is what humor is, as you likely know well. :)

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I am not a meaney and I doubt that anyone else here is, either

I think Oompa has made it pretty clear that he IS in fact a meany. I just finished a cup of instant coffee while reading his post.

Also, I vote for the cards and letters to Santa going to a hall. Ohhhh boy, I would have to follow the postman to the door to see that one!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Ok, disclaimer first. This is a "fantasy prank" alright? Not something to actually do. Sheesh. Alright, now that the lawyers are happy, visualize this one with me.

I'm picturing a small-town Kingdom Hall somewhere slightly out of town where there's tons of cheap real estate. As a result, Jehober's temple is sitting on a little bit of a hill next to a main road and surrounded by a gently sloping green lawn.

A clever Oompa-type comes along with some pre-constructed 4-foot-high letter stencils and lays them down on the grass. Out comes a garden sprayer full of Round-Up (herbicide) and he liberally sprays the grass inside the letters.

Over the next few days, the message apears:

C - U - L - T

:-)

Open Mind

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhh remind me never to make you mad!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I think you're going about it the completely wrong way.

Get a small 3 foot plastic Santa with a sandwich board with "Religion is a snare and a racket" on it. Leave it on the front lawn.

People driving by would be annoyed with the witnesses and the congregation would have to sit though a local needs talk on plastic holiday figures and what constitutes an acceptable witness.

• Mary
    Mary
    noni1974 said: Would you as a dub found it funny to come to the hall one night and find it decorated with Christmas stuff?? I would have felt attacked and disrespected.

Actually, someone did this to our Hall one year at Xmas time when I was still in. I thought it was hilarious!!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The blow up santa on the roof would be funny but even funnier would be to wait until everyone was INSIDE the hall for the meeting and then sneak up on the backside of the KH and sneak it up on the roof while they were all inside! Much more risk but sooooooo much more payoff!

• erynw
    erynw

A Jehovah Witness Christmas CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDauj6AndAE

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Paralipomenon has a really funny idea too.

Open Mind, your idea sounds awesome, but in this day and age that would get you arrested for a hate crime.

• loosie
    loosie

if the hall has a tree in the front you can hang ornaments from it. I have seen where people get those huge ornaments and hang those from their front yard tree that in the winter time is just branches. that would have me laughing.

or

get one of those salvation army bell ringer people to stand out in front of the hall before meeting time to try to collect money.

lmao

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit