Pumpkins in the Kingdom Hall yard....now Christmas lights...you can too

by oompa 81 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

OK w007..I will back off on the window snow if it lands me in jail. I am just waking up sippin some just ground, super black, oily Sumatra French Roast.......ahhhhhhh...so I jumped right to the end of the thread. If anyone has already said this....not sorry....you have fun ideas too. Since many halls have busy traffic in front of them, I think the best approach is a ladder behind the chuch. An inflatable santa or cut-out style up on the roof would be really great, and may stay up there longer....while up there I may add a white styrofoam cross.........oompa

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    OK w007..I will back off on the window snow if it lands me in jail. I am just waking up sippin some just ground, super black, oily Sumatra French Roast.......ahhhhhhh...so I jumped right to the end of the thread. If anyone has already said this....not sorry....you have fun ideas too. Since many halls have busy traffic in front of them, I think the best approach is a ladder behind the chuch. An inflatable santa or cut-out style up on the roof would be really great, and may stay up there longer....while up there I may add a white styrofoam cross.........oompa

LMAO, add an inflatable manger scene while you are up there Oompa, hehehe. And stop bragging about your coffee already.

• oompa
    oompa
    Beks: That building is no more sacred than the local wal-mart. Maybe less so considering you can't buy milk or tampons there.

Now I nearly spit coffee......Never saw it coming, and I like that.....did not dream tampons would make a kingdom hall holiday thread!!!!!!!............................................oompa

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ok, I realize that Halloween is past and christmas is coming, but here is an idea that would be throught provoking and stir the stink.

Purchase a bunch of fake styrofoam tombstones and put names on them--Brother so and so 1960-1999 died from a lack of blood. Sister so and so 1940-1979 died from refusing a liver transplant. They would have to read everyone one of those they removed and it might give them something to ponder over.

Back to Christmas, why not assemble a group of carolers and then sing in front of the kingdom hall?

• carla
    carla

Junction Guy,

Wow, that is a truly scary thing. Very fitting at Halloween and only the jw's would 'get it', locals would think it was just a prank from kids.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yep indeed Carla.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Ok, I realize that Halloween is past and christmas is coming, but here is an idea that would be throught provoking and stir the stink.

Purchase a bunch of fake styrofoam tombstones and put names on them--Brother so and so 1960-1999 died from a lack of blood. Sister so and so 1940-1979 died from refusing a liver transplant. They would have to read everyone one of those they removed and it might give them something to ponder over.

Wow, what an excellent idea JG.

• oompa
    oompa
    fifi: Deck the halls with boughs of holly

too clever fifi....I had permission after all...

And Beks made a good point too. Anything done like this, would be construed as persecution, which of course just reconfirms that they must have the troof.............oompa

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I haven't read all three pages of responses on this thread but thought I'd put my two cents in.

Yes the Dubs should be allowed to believe what they want. BUT

A little fun in putting some "Non-Damaging Decorations" on their property might allow them to explain to their neighbors "Why" they don't celebrate this holiday. After all, the neighbors will be seeing them take the decorations down. Before the holidays

I like to send postcards to the elders and others in the congregation exploiting the false, non-scriptural teachings of the Borg. I have also sent postcards to the neighbors of the elders asking them to approach their (Elder) neighbor and ask about the blood issue or the pedophile issue or shunning. Since I know the physical response the elder is going to have (high blood pressure and short fuse)I make the questions pointed so that the elder can show the "worldly neighbors" what kind of a#s he really is.

One last comment. HaPPy Holidays to all.

• poppers
    poppers
    If you want acceptance and respect from them you have to respect their right to not celibrate.

Riiiighhht! Let them continue to knock on doors and tell people to question their religion, to pass out tracts talking about "false religion". That certainly shows acceptance and respect for others. They hide their disgust for all things non-dub behind a patina of practicing their faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit