Pumpkins in the Kingdom Hall yard....now Christmas lights...you can too

by oompa 81 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I am wanting a white Christmas, but in TN it's a long shot. In Utah, where I was raised, I think they are already skiing. Cold, rainy and muddy can wear a person down.

momz

• oompa
    oompa
    Noni: The "Idea" of doing it is kinda funny.Actually doing it is not.

Some people think sex is "dirty" dont they Noni? But have they ever tried it? I actually have done this juvenile prank and can assure you that for me.....it is really funny to do it.....I wish I could be there when people find it.........but that is me......................oompa

• noni1974
    noni1974

To each their own Oompa.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's fun to think about, and I might have done it when I was a teenager. Not any more.

W

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

An Elder we use to be friends with was exceptionally juvenile , but funny as heck . He told us of going around after Christmas collecting thrown out trees and decorating them and setting them up in another brothers yard while they were gone on vacation . This of course started a one -up manship competition between them .....kind of miss hearing what trouble they are doing these days.

It is funny to do things like this between friends , but I guess I just don't think it is funny beyond that ....maybe I am getting old

A couple of years ago I knew of three witness young adults that took a churches nativity peices and set them on an Elders porch ,after a big laugh they got scared and threw them in the river . They confessed to the elders and were reproved ,but never were made to give restitution to the church ....because that would have been dragging Jah's name in the mud .(they didn't mind baby Jesus sank in the mud ) Even as a witness I really thought it was very unfunny ,disrespectful for others beliefs .

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

sorry, fun not allowed. Please reread the guidlines.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I don't get people liki noni1974 why in the hell should we respect their views they don't respect ours. respect has to be earned and they haven't earned mine. If you think its disrespectful well that is your opinoin I thought it extremely funny. Another thing they sure as hell aren't going to respect you feelings, or beliefs. Piss on em.

• watson
    watson

I was with a group of "bros" at a mexican restaurant for Sunday brunch. One of "friends" went to the wait staff and told them that one of the people at the table was celebrating their birthday......the waiters all got together, came over to the table and sang "Happy Birthday!" It was hilarious....some of the looks around that table were priceless. Oompa would have been in 7th heaven.

• noni1974
    noni1974
    I don't get people liki noni1974 why in the hell should we respect their views they don't respect ours. respect has to be earned and they haven't earned mine. If you think its disrespectful well that is your opinoin I thought it extremely funny. Another thing they sure as hell aren't going to respect you feelings, or beliefs. Piss on em.

That's to bad you feel that way.I however have grown past childish behavior like this.

I do have a sence of humor.Last year I sent Christmas cards address to posters user names on another board to KH's all over the US.I however did not deface a house of worship.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I think I would have loved it as a kid, coming to the hall with something interesting happening.

I don't care for their house of worship one whit. They have taken it upon themselves to decide that my entire family cannot speak to me. They have taken it upon themselves to shelter pedophiles. That building is no more sacred than the local wal-mart. Maybe less so considering you can't buy milk or tampons there.

Beyond that, they love persecution, so would most likely look at it as proof that they are on the right track. Little would they know the kick a bunch of Xdubs were getting out of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit