Pumpkins in the Kingdom Hall yard....now Christmas lights...you can too

by oompa 81 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Notice that the ground rule was no vandalism. This means that nothing would be done that would involve more than having the Witlesses having to throw something away.

If you wish to spend only $10 or so, it is quite hard to do. I have found that, at Target, 20 feet of red Christmas garland strung up around the front alcove or doorway is only $3 (at Wal-Mart, you can get some lower-quality garland 60 feet for $5, which I recommend seeing where it is likely to end up getting thrown in the trash). If you have a brown or dark color wall, silver garland works best. A lighter colored entrance, or an aluminum one, goes well with red. Putting it up where it can reflect the parking lot lights (without creating an additional fire or electrical hazard) adds to the effect.

If you are willing to spend about $20-25, you might wish to add a wreath. It needs to be at least 3 feet across and have bright red colors on it to stick out like a sore thumb from the road. Adding lights is going to add about $5-10, depending on how elaborate you want them to be (including the cost of the batteries needed to run it). Solar power lights run you about $10 and up. Again, bear in mind that they are likely to end up being put in the garbage dumpster, so durability is not an issue (I highly suggest sacrificing durability for this reason).

A really cheap idea is to find some white trash bags. Stuff them with leaves. I recommend three, the bottom one being at least 2 feet across. Attach them to each other, and add decorations. These can be simple, or even drawn on with a magic marker. This creates your snowman. Total cost is probably going to be under $3 for this, and even less if you stuff them with leaves and draw the decorations on the bags and use sticks (it can get well under a dollar). No damage will be done with this.

One other suggestion that is going to cost you about $4 or 5, is to replace some of the parking lot light bulbs with red and green bulbs or put red and green lenses on the lights. Combined with the snowman and the garland, this can provide a neat effect. Having the lenses right under the entranceway replaced with red and green lenses or bulbs plus the garland is going to create a Christmas atmosphere that the Witlesses are not used to. Just bear in mind that you will have to put the original lenses or light bulbs where they can easily be found so you will not be vandalizing anything.

A word to anyone that thinks this is offensive: The Witlesses did not tell me the truth up front when getting me in. Then, once I joined under false premises, they did not let me just walk out without having to sneak out. This is worse when children are born into it. They are never allowed to walk out and keep their family. They are pressured to get baptized well before 18, and sometimes even before age 10 (I have seen showcased examples insinuating that people should be baptized at age 6). They did not have any freedom to practice what they want. If they try to practice what they truly believe, they are going to get censored in ways that are far more damaging than any of these ideas for setting prank Christmas decorations (which will probably see the inside of the garbage can well before the boasting sessions).

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I vote for dropping a full sized sleigh full of toys out of a 747 onto the hall on christmas morning...

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I love this sense of humour it reminds me of the saying " I love being crazy it stops me from going mad"

First off the KH is not a place of worship by any stretch of the imagination, a sales meeting room yes, an indoctrination centre yes, a meeting room for bigots yes.They should have a closed sign on the door " minds closed"

Another idea would be to find out the date of birth of a frequenter to the sales hall and string a banner across the entrance with their name on it " HAPPY BIRTHDAY congratulations on reaching the big 40 " or whatever their age maybe.

I do not think anybody who knows the truth about the Witless cult can find anything in it to respect .They have never earned any respect in over a hundred years.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

What else can you do? I suppose a pantie raid is out of the question!

• fifi40
    fifi40

I say

Deck the halls with boughs of holly

Fa la la la la, la la la la

Tis the season to be jolly

Fa la la la la, la la la la

I couldnt resisit.............sorry

• eclipse
    eclipse

Ooompa, you had me cracking up at 6am this morning!

Hilarious ideas!

As for the one poster who thought it was disrespectful,

it's not like oopma was suggesting we poor fake blood all over the walls,

or spray paint ''Pedophiles are Protected Here'' or

''587 BCE is the REAL date, not 607 BCE!'' or''Brainwashed Idiots' all over the front of the building.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One could put one of those prelit trees in the area of the sign in front [if the hall is set up that way as the local one is]. There are outlets there already for the weed eaters etc.

I agree with Noni's earlier comments about the right to believe what they want to. OK - just a short rebuttal? I chose to believe what I wanted to when I left the organization - they are disrespectful to me every time one of them sees me. They shun me, I am not allowed to attend funerals and weddings of people that I loved for 40 years, or just drop by one of their homes to say 'hi, hello, and how ya' doin' ' . They have no problem being rude and inconsiderate to me. My only sin is to believe differently than theirs also, yet they have no difficulty in treating me in an unkind matter. End of mini-rant.

Jeff

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Ompa spraying the windows with snow = Vandalism. Which means you go to jail and get disfellowshiped for paganizing Jehovah's Temple. Also aren't there tresspassing laws in U.S.A? I'm starting a "Bail Ompa out of jail fund" I've put in $10 I hope we can get Johnny Cockran since he proved O.J didn't do it.

My idea is for all of us to send our "Dear Santa" letters to one Kingdom Hall...imagine the bags of mail they would get!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have as much right to practice their form of worship as they do to harbor pedophiles in the organization and then silence the victim, and then make the people go out in the field circus after having just been embarrassed on NBC News. That is, none.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

LOL, I think its a hilarious idea. Place of worship? Umm yeah, that's like saying Hitler had a good plan but just made a few small errors. How about a sign with an unhappy looking elf saying all I got this year was a stinking piece of coal?

Sometimes a little bit of immaturity can be very cathardic. Besides, being the "bigger person" gets you what, when dealing with jw's? Oh wait, I know the answer to that one, a big fat zero.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit