Email to my Dad on the UN / Prison Stories

by msil 96 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Haereticus,

I just want to say that I'm sorry for what you had to endure too. I'm happy that you and msil are here with us today. And I hope you both stay.

peace,
    somebody

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

(((((((Msil))))))))
    I’m sending more hugs your way!

I was away this weekend and just got back on the board. I was stunned and riveted by what you have chosen to share with us.
    I am so glad you are doing this. I know it is hard but I also believe it is good for you and for others here.

I can see that sharing some of our backgrounds could help all of us when communicating on this board. There’s always so much more going on than just the words we see before us on the screen. Your experience is a perfect example of this.

I share the thoughts of most who have posted to you so far.
    Do what feels right with you.

You do express yourself well and writing a book might be a great healing tool or writing a journal for your on benifit might be a good idea.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

Take care,

Ranchette

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

somebody

Thank you for your comment. Once taking a stand and enduring the foreknown concequences is not the main issue here. I do not think any of us would seek unjust pity for what we went through. After all it was our choice to fight a fine fight for the faith.

This reminds me of the old saying: It is not the picking of nose that takes me but eating the snot.

I would have never ever believed that my 40 years old decision has to be revisited and will be brought to shame. That's what it boils down to - at least with me. At the same time we have to bear in mind that the vast majority of similar and worse experiences is never published on this forum.

• msil
    msil

• msil
    msil

• msil
    msil

• msil
    msil

• msil
    msil

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

msil

I share your feelings and opinions and see no reason to try to achieve "a hero status". As you put it this word prison is something special and people get easily carried astray when speaking of if.

I sometimes get consolation especially from my daughter's attitude after the long and painful period to see her mother dying of once already won cancer. She at the age of 14 was my hero and still is. I believe there are large number of people around that would go through worse hardships than we did to get back their untimely died child.

My father never told war stories he only made a few sarcastic remarks over the years. Today I would not pay so much attention after all these years. Now the thing has grown together into a one question of principle.

Nearby here lives a dutchman aged 76, he is an 100 % atheist and went underground during WWII and was finally jailed. It is refreshing to talk about this subject with him as we do not exchange experiences but talk mainly of the basic idea of pacifism etc.

Time and talking or in fact writing are good means of smoothing difficulties.

• Tina
    Tina

Dear msil and hareticus,
    Your strength of character shines thru your words. And is a moving testament to the resilience of the human spirit.
    msil,you have a wonderful talented writing style. Higher ed. has nothing to to do with what you already have. I'm with naeblis here. Your story needed to be told and thank you for sahring and trusting us enough to do so.
    Your experience reminded me of something Elie Weisel wrote,another true survivor.

"Nobody is stronger,nobody is weaker than someone who came back.There is nothing you can do to such a person because whatever you could do is less than what has already been done to him.We have already paid the price'. E.Weisel

Thank you for sharing your strength with us. luv,Tina

NOW PLAYING AT SIMONS MULTIPLEX!
    'The Good,The Bad,The Fundy'

Special Matinee HORROR!!!!
    THIS WILL SCARE YOU,MAKE YOU SCREAM AT NIGHT!!! See-
    'I Was A Teenage JW Pioneer!
    PG-13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit