Email to my Dad on the UN / Prison Stories

by msil 96 Replies latest jw friends

• msil
    msil

• somebody
    somebody

msil,

As ladonna said, souls do cry. Many souls cry with yours. I'm so sorry for what you had to endure. I'm glad you got through it and glad you made it here with us.

May you find enough peace to at least stop the nightmares.

peace to you,
    somebody

• msil
    msil

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

MSIL:

I'm not sure where to start, other than the fact that I can barely see the screen at the moment..

I don't think I've ever appreciated a story soo much in my life as your "voices of Angels" story..

By sharing your experiences with us, I am quite sure that you have brought new meaning to all of us for the 'little things in life'..

It is ashame that you suffered soo! It is even more of a shame that you did so for a belief that you now realize is false.

However, if I may add this my friend, I have never ever ever been touched by another soul via the computer before today...!!!

Thank you for reaching out and touching us, I hope that I can do the same for you some day!!!!

• msil
    msil

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

msil

Your experience brings back hars memories. One major difference is that we never experienced physical violence. Just loss of personal freedom is hard enough but especially the "softening" solitary confinement periods required determination. I remember when released (1968) just walking first steps on an asphalt felt strange because for more than two years I had been walking on a soft soil for an hour daily. That included emptying out a plastic bucket that was used as a toilet. No radio allowed, outgoing mail was restricted to four letters a month, one visitor per month etc.

I felt proud and that was a fight for my faith in Jehovah. My disfellowshipping 30 years ago did not change my attitude for the time served. I felt that I had accomplished something for future generation. And after few years JW's were exempted.

Recent events did hit me hard, I felt betrayed and all sort of feelings. I wrote to this forum and as mother and sister are still JW and i had to write a letter about my feelings. To get by easy I addressed the only letter to my sister - addressing it to my mother would have probably cut short the information chain.

Msil - we both know that these impossible to forget. Because of my age (55) it is unlike to face the same again. Yet I am prepared to do something I feel is right but possible second round is my private fight and unlikely along with Jehovah Witnesses.

• msil
    msil

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

My dear msil:

When I first started to hear the hypocritical things the WTS had done, in the name of making God's name known, I was enraged. I paced, I cried, I cursed. I wanted to believe this could not be so, but I really knew it was true and felt such deep sadness, anger, confusion.

I found this board and started by telling my experience as one raised as a JW from birth. The ones that answered that first post encouraged me and cautioned me that I would feel as if I was on a rollarcoaster with my emotions....and truer words were never spoken.

I no sooner think I'm on a steady track and BAM!!!....a new bit of reality hits me upside the head....reality about what more injustice has been caused by the WTS and I go through the gauntlet of emotions again. I've read your words tonight...again stunned by the inhumanity another person has suffered at the hands of these blind men.

Don't get me wrong please! I'm not complaining one bit about what I have read about others experiences and about yours too. I just feel frustrated that not only have you gone through that horrible experience, but you have to live with the memory of it and deal with it continually. And I know the frustration you feel with trying to reach your father and break through his well-trained barriers, with facts.

I know that the many answers you've already received prove to you that we all here feel for you, and share your pain, and we hope by listening to you, you will feel our compassion and caring for you.

I do know though, that my learning all that I have here, and the wonderful people I have met here, has actually helped me in healing and growing stronger and it moves me to want to do something positive with this knowledge.

Thank you for sharing your story with us msil and helping me too in my journey.

• msil
    msil

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hang in there dude,it will work out.STAY STRONG of MIND!You`ve already done it ,it will take just a little bit more,and you can do it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit