Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• VM44
    VM44

$50,000,000.00?

Is this figure confirmed? It works out to about 3 million per person.

--VM44

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

The Catholic Church is the only Church that openly just transfers Ped-Priests to other locations when discovered,

That is another JW myth and an excellent example of their hypocrisy.

The "new light" on JWs moving pedos around was revealed when Elder Cano was caught red-handed so to speak. Care to guess how many congos throughout the Americas felt his loving touch?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

this bears repeating:

Why did they settle? Last fall, a California court ruling would have requiredWatchtower to open their pedophile database. To prevent this information from becoming public, church officials chose to settle these 16 cases. They do not want anyone to know how much damaging information the database contains.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    It has only just begun.

Randy

Certainly, considering a database of 25,000 potential sexual predators remains a Watchtower secret. Multiply 25,000 potential predators by 1 victim, minus the 16 that settled . . . The USA Watchtower is screwed, I'd say.

And then there's the blood policy victims and misrepresentation of secular facts to promote death-dealing cult policies; how many more of those victims will be suing in civil court?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

This is what ranks for Jehovah Witness news worldwide as I type this!

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PAY PEDOPHILE SETTLEMENT
    International Falls Daily Journal, MN - May 9, 2007
    The group will also announce an outreach effort to find and help more men and women who have been sexually abused by Jehovah's Witness officials. ...
    Jehovah's Witnesses Settle Abuse CasesWTVF
    all 39 news articles »

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Mary, he is an idiot. But I know why.

Hey, Mad, I have a message for you.

"The proctologist called, they found your head."

Now why don't you just shut your stupid mouth. Since your IQ is the same number as your age, you need all your brain cells just to remember to breathe. Not that I would care if you stopped doing even that. You are a waste.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My brother has emailed Bill O'Reilly before and didnt even get so much as a reply, he was disappointed that Bill O'Reilly didnt even give any consideration to his email.

I will ask Darin to give it a try again. I will concentrated on the newspapers right now.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Dear Junction-Guy:

Good idea. I think the newspapers would be interested. Since it hit AP, it will spread in time. I know that wherever I've lived, most people might have liked individual JW's, but hated them at their doors and hated them in general. This news HAS to hurt the WT very much. I small core may survive, but I think the "mighty oak" has been fatally wounded. It might take awhile for it to fall, but it will fall.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

I would think that the only way it may be possible to get Bill O'Reilly to go with this would be to 1) Of course appeal to his notion of protecting children 2) Reinforce the idea to have him and his staff to do their own research on this issue and 3) Focus on the idea that the intent is not to "bash" the Jehovah's Witnesses and their faith, but to get them to change their policy regarding child abuse. All other doctinral issues and problems that are not directly related should be left out. I think of this becuase I am pretty certain of a recollection of hearing him say once that he wasnt going to give up or renounce his faith just because of malpractice of some Catholic priests around this same issue. I'd love nothing more than to see Bill dig into this becuase I trust that were he to actually investigate behind the Watchtower spin, he would be just a furious as the rest of us with their behavior on this and a number of other matters.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks mcsemike and hoping4change, those were good suggestions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit