Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Well MAD you're one reason I discourage my wife from this site ...you see she's the victim of a JW Elder for years when she was little ,and since we've been married and dealt with the WTS over this for many years, we know that what other victims have to say about the way the WTS treated them is dead correct for we have experienced the futility of trying to co-exist in this religion with the perpetrator being treated as innocent and being protected by the local Elders .

They have even gone to the extent of threatening a dear old pioneer sister with dismissal from her "privelege" for even mentioning pedophilia locally occuring ,and especially my wifes case!

The perpetrator was arrested some time ago but is on bail pending evidence accumulation etc and the witnesses in his hall are none the wiser to him being a pervert.

He's even had book studies at his home and helped with quick builds since he was turned in to a commitee over twelve years ago. As has been noted here alot of JW's are like ostrichs because the truth challenges their faith,so they turn their backs on those that need christian love more than anyone!

If my wife read your post she would be made sick I'm sure and I thank Simon for restricting your blind and cruel words to those damaged by WTS policy.

It may be true when JW's say they did'nt personally cause the perverted damage ,but then saying you are part of a loving worldwide organisation of brotherly love and then denying any voice and justice to victims within ,even to the point of silencing them with threats of disfellowshipping is just as perverted to me ....you ignorant foolish person ...does God really have compassion for you now!

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: why didn't they pay the victims before they lost the case
    Good question!

If I read the court records I can see that the Society tried to get the cases dismissed, when that failed, the Society filed motions to quash service of summons on them (not the elders) claiming they did not do business in California. The Society lost that motion when the facts showed the Society not only did business in California as a mortgage lender but as a property casualty insurance underwriter.

In summary, the Society tried to get itself dismissed from the case by every legal means at their disposal. If they had succeeded would the elders have settled on their own? Who would have paid their claims?

This is the group that advertizes itself as the most loving religion on earth.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

reap the whirlwindreap the whirlwind

claiming they did not do business in California. The Society lost that motion.....

The $ociety boast that they 'feed the flock' and totally control even the opening and closing songs are dictated by the $ociety

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Does anyone know,if the Victims were Disfellowshipped?..That would be icing on the cake.A payout to DF Sexual Abuse Victims..Definitly a black eye for the WBT$...OUTLAW

• hubert
    hubert

"Boston.com" has the story in their internet site also.

I don't know how to link it here.

Hubert

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Reaction from JW relative who I sent the Associated Press story:

This is a one sided story. I need to hear both sides. If I was a Judge I would have to. Since I dont have both sides I will not believe anything.

Brainwashed, pure brainwashed. This response totally convinces me that I'm dealing with a cult. Any thoughts? Also, what was the name of the elder on America's Most Wanted? Skeeter

• angiebakerzatyahoo
    angiebakerzatyahoo

In the Associated Press story for example at http://dwb.sacbee.com/24hour/nation/story/3617263p-12918091c.html the Watchtower Society's response is as given below. It appears they want to deny matters or absolve themselves; local elders can go twist slowly in the wind, but the top dogs like Jaracz and Smalley hope nobody mentions themselves (fat chance). Quoting:

The Jehovah's Witnesses, whose headquarters are in Brooklyn, N.Y., said Thursday that they were pleased to see the lawsuits resolved, declining further comment.

"Our loving heavenly Father makes it clear in his Word, the Bible, that he abhors child abuse," a statement from the denomination said.

"As an organization, we will continually strive to educate families and congregations with sound Scriptural teachings that they can use to protect their children from child molesters. And we will continue to do our utmost to protect children from this horrible crime and sin."

So, Skeeter, you can tell the person, they did give their side of the story (seen above) in the paper and you can show them what they said trying to duck out.

• angiebakerzatyahoo
    angiebakerzatyahoo

This may have cost them 64 to 100 million dollars. Future lawsuits will cost them a lot too. Today they must sell six buildings in Brooklyn. Later they may have to sell more buildings and printing presses. Next come things like Watchtower farms and kingdom halls buildings.

Other victims definitely will sue and get a lot of money. A few will not take the money but go into court. The secret database of 25,000 plus Jehovah's Witness pedophile cases will then be exposed to public view.

Cases will go into newspapers with the names of elders becoming public. When personal names become public entire congregations will quit. Jehovah's Witnesses will quit being JWs or form JW groups separate from the Watchtower Society.

Maybe 20% of JWs will stay with Ted Jaracz and the original group of hard core anti-reformists. After those leaders die, that group will lose even more members and in fifty years no longer exist except for maybe a handful who too shall die.

Other cults will come into being and go through similar cycles of rise, fall, and demise.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I watched J.R.Brown in an interview..He said the number of pediphiles were 27,000.....Thats just the ones they know about..Lets say there are at least 100,000 victims..And..They prosecute and win the same money everyone else got,2.4million dollars..Thats 2.4 million dollars x 100,000 victims = A bankrupt WBT$.....Lets hope this snowballs into something completely financialy unmanagable for the WBT$...OUTLAW

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You mean JR Brown publicly admitted to 27,000 pedophiles in their database?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit