Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

ENJOY

Jehovah's Witnesses settle abuse cases
    Contra Costa Times, CA - 9 minutes ago
    A victims' rights group released documents Thursday that showed the Jehovah's Witnesses recently settled civil suits with 16 people who claimed they were ...
    The Olympian, WA - 9 minutes ago
    A victims' rights group released documents Thursday that showed the Jehovah's Witnesses recently settled civil suits with 16 people who claimed they were ...
    Pioneer Press, MN - 10 minutes ago
    Jehovah's Witnesses Settle Abuse Cases
    FOX News - 11 minutes ago
    Houston Chronicle, TX - 13 minutes ago
    Times Daily (subscription), AL - 13 minutes ago
    Tuscaloosa News (subscription), AL - 14 minutes ago
    Jehovah's Witnesses urged to change policy on sex abuse cases
    International Herald Tribune, France - 14 minutes ago
    NASHVILLE, Tennessee: A victims' rights group released documents Thursday that showed the Jehovah's Witnesses recently settled civil suits with 16 people ...
    Monterey County Herald, CA - 15 minutes ago
    KTAR.com, AZ - 15 minutes ago
    (AP) - A victims' rights group released documents Thursday that showed the Jehovah's Witnesses recently settled civil suits with 16 people who claimed they ...
    Seattle Post Intelligencer, WA - 16 minutes ago
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Forbes, NY - 10 minutes ago

• abbagail
    abbagail

Excellent Dan the Man! See what a little bit o' press conference can do! Excellent!

FORBES NY!

HOUSTON CHRONICLE!

FOX NEWS!

INTERNATIONAL HERALD TRIBUNE in F-R-A-N-C-E !!! (How did BB get France over here for this?)

-------------

It'd be great if somebody was there with a camera and could post video at YouTube or someplace...

In time, in time...
    /ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

[quote from the above AP article in FORBES, NY]

The Jehovah's Witnesses, whose headquarters are in Brooklyn, N.Y., said Thursday that they were pleased to see the lawsuits resolved, declining further comment.

"Our loving heavenly Father makes it clear in his Word, the Bible, that he abhors child abuse," a statement from the denomination said.

"As an organization, we will continually strive to educate families and congregations with sound Scriptural teachings that they can use to protect their children from child molesters. And we will continue to do our utmost to protect children from this horrible crime and sin."

[...]

Source: http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/05/10/ap3709733.html Yes, we surely bet they were PLEASED w/o further comment... /ag

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know what the total settlement amount is?

And if the reason for the WT settling out of court is to avoid providing access to their files, then one has to wonder what is in those files that is worth paying $100,000,000 (?) to keep locked away from examination!

--VM44

• Confession
    Confession
    Don't you think when we read what you wrote it is clear that you are emotional because you know you are wrong?

Insightful comment. I was thinking something similar. It took me awhile to understand the WTS' culpability in this area too. You just don't know--and you don't know that you don't know... And the cognitive dissonance keeps bubbling up inside you.

Mad's position, as uninformed as we know it to be, is a very common reaction for most believing JWs. I can't believe you suspended him. This too seems emotional.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We get this paper http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Jehovahs_Witnesses_Sex_Abuse.html

I will be interested to see tomorrow's edition and where this article shows up. I suspect it will be buried deep inside.

• bebu
    bebu

I love it! Thanks Danny!!!

I've also contacted a national Christian radio station. I hope that they will give the news a bit of time on their hourly newscast.

bebu

• bebu
    bebu

Mulan, here is the PI's web page with the stories listed. Take a look.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus.asp

bebu

• Mulan
    Mulan

I saw that, but I wonder where it will show in the actual newspaper. They call it a headline, so we will see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit