Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Deleted
    Deleted

Mad, I personally went to the county courthouse in Salem OR to pick up a certified copy of the dismissal papers for that case to send to silentlambs. The file was inches thick with a large section bound in an envelope taped down and stamped confidential in a dozen places. That which I did see supports the silentlambs press release. It is never the individual rank and file JW's that are at fault, it never is, it is the system under which the elders operate. Once "reproach upon Jehovah and his people" is in the air all common sense is replaced by institutionalized cover-ups. The WTS has done that with its prophecies over the years, it's clever at it. But it's all coming back at them now, thanks to the hard work of people like Randy, Danny & Bill. Deleted

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

One of the ironies of today has been that I just got out of the book study where a comment was made regarding evil Christendom and the 'child molestation problems therein. I SOOO wish it were possible to show them the REAL news of today.

• juni
    juni

Wonderful news!

Karma at work~~~~~

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is so good. The Associated Press picked it up so it will be around the country and the world.

tsof

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Does anyone know what the total settlement amount is?

No, nobody is allowed to say. A fair guess would be $50 million. Of course, it could be half that. It could also be more. Whatever, it had to leave a mark!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

We need an e-mail writing campaign

Let's get this on TV

Bill O'Reilly hates pedophiles

http://www.billoreilly.com/askbill

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i just contacted the local paper ... told them they have many kingdom halls in the city and that this news item might be of interests to the neighbors ;-)

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

I honestly feel delighted! I am so glad
    that in the long run the Watchtower is
    getting its just deserts.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

$50 million!!!

With 6,000,000 Jdubs = $8.33 a person. Perhaps there will be a new announcement, asking for money to purchase insurance for the overseers?

Skeeter

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

And now an announcement from our accounts servant.

Dear brothers:

We hereby resolve to contribute $8.33 per publisher (for our congregation that totals $833 $8.33 x 100 publishers) out of our congregation accounts for the new Legal Defense Fund for Traveling Overseers. All in favor please indicate by a show of hands.

Any against? None. In that case I will write a check at the end of this meeting to the Society. Now back to the scheduled announcements.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit