Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

There's a submission box on O'Reilly's page to "Send news tip to FOXNews.com."

I sent the URLs for the AP article running in New York Times, along with an article from a few days ago detailing the Brooklyn real estate sale.

Ultimately it's the producers and others who sift and research before it hits O'Reilly's plate.

~Sue

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you Sue, let us know what kind of response you get back.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I had to respond to MadJW's post, The ostrich head in the sand syndrome just never ceases to amaze me:

The biggest Perverts are those accusing us of covering over pedofiles. So many believe just about everything they read- even on 'free-for-all' boards like this! Then the emotions take over...

So wait at first it was that we have no proof, now that there's an article about it we're perverts... dude you're a whack-job!!

ALL JWs despise child molestation (as well as molestation PERIOD) - except the Pretender Pedofiles lurking in ALL groups, even ours.

Which at this point is at least 40 right, not including the ones that weren't sued.

The Catholic Church is the only Church that openly just transfers Ped-Priests to other locations when discovered, not US.

Nah, they never did it openly, they just transferred them and didn't tell the church they were transferred to. The difference is that the JW's just suggested that the molester move, and guess what? The congregation they moved to weren't told either.

What these insulting perverts fail to think about- much less ADMIT is the TERRIBLE dilemma when such an accusation is made!

This reminds me of the South Park episode when the Catholic chuch continually tries to come up with ways to make sure that the kids stop telling that they're being molested. Which is worse the molestation happening or the accusation? Your post makes it sound like the accusation is worse. I revert to my previous statement that you're a Whack-Job!!!

Christ Jesus will judge any molestors

Well he'd better, because the elders sure haven't.

and the ones accusing us of this falsehood!

Nice dig, better start an orginization-wide boycott of the national newspapers and the national news programs, believe me this news will get around shortly!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Mad JW:

You really are a jerk. "People believe anything they read?" REALLY?? Wow, that sounds like you JW's believing everything the WT says, doesn't it? If the WT told all of you to gather in Times Square and stand on your heads, I believe you would all do it.

The WT has lied about the dangers of the Internet, telling JW's to avoid it because of "apostates". The real reason is that JW's would learn that they belong to a child-raping cult and maybe quit. And we are not apostates. Try using a dictionary if your Nanny will let you have a book. Maybe JW's would stop using that word if every time they called one of us an apostate, they got punched in the face. I'm tired of being labeled by you cult members.

The Nashville gathering means war. And I've been vocal and militant for five years since my daughter's rape. If ANY JW wants to tangle with me, we'll take care of business. I never lose. Good luck, WT.

Decent people with brains= One point

WT= No points

• timmycat
    timmycat

I think MAD has just as much right to oppion as all of us....I do believe that the majority of JW are disgusted and revolted at these accustations and cases. Why is lot here browning of all witnesses, when they are being just as judgemental as those they profess to dislike.

I of cause don't condone sex crimes of any sort especially of children. The justice system of this world is not justice, but Jehovah's is, so they have his judgement to worry about. Not that is any help for the victims, and niether is the worlds, where someone will get away with it or be sentenced to a few years, but Jehovah's justice is pure. Many may fall within but that makes no difference to those that have faith. Why blame Jehovah.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I dont blame Jehovah, I blame the Watchtower.

Besides you JW's love to point fingers at Christendoms ministers when they are being accused.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

E-mail Oprah.com

Have a question about your O, The Oprah Magazine subscription? Please contact customer service or call 1-888-446-4438 with any subscription questions or ...
    www2.oprah.com/email/email_landing.jhtml - Similar pages - Note this

E-MAIL THE PRODUCERS

If you do not agree to the foregoing, we thank you for your interest in The Oprah Winfrey Show and O, The Oprah Magazine but we cannot consider your ideas. ...
    www2.oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_fromu.jhtml - Similar pages - Note this
    [ More results from www2.oprah.com ]
  • Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Why blame Jehovah

Ugn, please give me a break. When Aaron's children sinned as part of the Israelites, was Aaron not blamed as well? The other scriptural example would be, didn't Jesus say one bad apple spoils the whole bunch?

Corruption on a local level leads to corruption on a national level. If an orginization claims to represent Jehovah, and is ripe with pedofiles, would you not expect this to reflect upon Jehovah?

Why don't you pray to Jehovah to clean out his orginization, or ask him for anything, see what happens. I'm sure you'll get the same response as all the victims got when they asked for help from the elders... silence.

• metatron
    metatron

Over at H2O, "Mad" is holding court and decrying the settlement news, as he did here. An

"Anonymous" friend of his is claiming that the 16 people got almost nothing and the Watchtower won.

Hmmmm...... if the Watchtower won in any practical sense, why wouldn't they be screaming about it

to fend off any other attempted lawsuits?

metatron

• sir82
    sir82

Did a quick search on some of the Catholic abuse case settlements in the recent past...looks like the victims there got way less than "$3 to 4.5 million each".

How likely is it that the WT would pay out out way more than the Catholics did? Would the confidentiality ruling up the payout amount that substantially?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit