YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I've not kept up with this journal but found it interesting none-the-less of daily lives of fellow posters.

Thought I would add an excerpt out of a page of my own daily life,... as boring as it may be.

It has been so hot here in Florida combined with the humidity it is almost hard to breathe. It was 96 yesterday and yard work has to be done before 9:00 am which allows much over growth in every direction.

We are not getting our afternoon thunderstorms which cool things off. They come at night, which allows much more mildew growth. The power goes off several times a day for a few seconds which throws off all the computers, clocks, etc.

The power bill has jumped to $425.00 (brand new energy star system)! Yet we seem to sweat continuously if any physical activity is taken up in the house. After running a vacuum sweeper, you need a shower! I have lived here 18 years and it has never felt so bad.

Cooking on the stove is kept to a bare minimum and the grill outside registers 150 degrees without it being turned on.

The pool water is so warm, it is taking at least $40.00 a week in chemicals to keep it from looking like a swamp.

If anyone is second guessing global warming.......you can take up residence here!

r.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

ah restrangled - I see you also have to 'breathe through wet towels' like I was doing the other week, I fully sympathise and hope it cools down some for you soon.

It's unseasonally cold over here, - about 7C below normal - I can't remember how long it is since I needed my heating turned on in July! Fortunately we haven't had much more heavy rainfall this week.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Congrats of the dubious sort are in order, Happy Emo - you were poster 300! Thanks for your regular input. Ever enjoyable.

Sorry about the heat/humidity, r. I remember how horrid it was in B'lyn this time of year, and I am not referring just to the weather. Otherwise bad conditions prevailed year-round. Re: my neck of the woods/northern California - last week it was 110 degrees fahrenheit in the shade; today it's 80 degrees. Super, dangerously dry.

Emo - apart from pink eyes and buck teeth, both somehow strangely developing in the last 24 hours, I am myself. Yet now, more than ever, that dangling carrot has a special appeal to me ....

CoCo Carota

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Dear Board Friends, Whom, I Trust, Are Not Bored:

{Then why would you be reading this!?!?!?}

Back home after 4 nights away, tending house, animals and garden of a friend. I weeded and cleaned out several beds of iris and mulched plants whose tender surface roots were scorching in the sun. It is inadequate to water profusely, only to have our burning summer heat terrorize the plants' intake system.
    It was great doing my laundry in what is called, so I'm told, a "washing machine." I find the concept of a machine-driven agitating mechanism to be quite innovative. I regularly do my laundry in the bathtub, using a scrubboard. Now I feel rather a la mode!

Off to a gardening job, garnering almost enough dough to pay the rent.

A good day to all,

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good day all

Nothing much to report today - other than it's pouring with rain again!! I do wish it would go back across the Atlantic where it's needed!

CoCo when it's hot and dry here, we don't water until the evening cool so the water gets to sink deep into the soil without being dried up straight away or plants/roots getting scorched as the water dries off them. I'm relieved to hear you are now safe from the clutches of evil bunny and that only your eyes and teeth were affected! Maybe I will post a recipe for carrot cake on your money saving cooking thread.

I tried to start reading Shadow of the Wind earlier but kept being interrupted - got to the end of the first page! i will do better when i go camping because there isn't much else to distract when you're in a tent with no electricity or outside communications!

have a great day/weekend all!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hi Coco,

I got another batch of recipes typed up and sent to you several days ago. If you didn't receive them let me know. Still dripping here in Florida, so bad the animals don't want to go outside. We are all very house bound and lazy.

Have a good weekend everyone.

r.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi all

The weather doesn't seem to know what it's doing here this week - thunderstorms and heavy downpours one minute and then blazing sunshine the next! At the moment I'm frying!!

Almost ready for going on my camping holiday at the weekend. I haven't been able to pitch my tent to check for elemental resistance so I'll have to take my chances - and a can of waterproofing spray! I don't care what the weather does, I just need to get away.

Hope all is well with everyone, especially CoCo Concealed - I saw that nasty dust storm on the news yesterday.

Have a good day!

• compound complex
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good day all

I'm going on holiday tomorrow, I have about 1 hour left to work and I'm BORED! Just want to get home and finish my packing!!! I hate this irritable feeling, I can't concentrate on anything any more. Ah well, it's only 1 hour :-)

Hope everyone has a good weekend/next week

emo the excited :-)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Happy Holiday, Emo! I know the feeling!

Cheers and best wishes, Friends,

C...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit