YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry for your pets - and all the struggles so many are experiencing. I went to work today, but found some errands to run outside so I could enjoy the sunshine and the beauty that is Palm Springs. Came home and fed the cats, fooling around on the internet, getting ready for bed. Tomorrow, more work.

• wings
    wings

My sister’s birthday party.

For my neat nick friend CoCo.

So, my life is a mess. Birthdays bring me back to life.

The first birthday party out of the borg was my granddaughters. I felt like I was force-feeding myself ice cream. Surreal. Then my 50th birthday a few day later. More force-feeding. Then I had a break for a few months. By the time the next birthday came, I was ready. Since then, I am a birthday party machine.

I love sit down dinners. Cooking is my creative outlet. Setting the table, everything perfect. Wine glasses, just the right wine to go with the dinner. Good meal, relaxed conversation lingers through out the evening. Wine, laughter, good times.
    For my sister, it had to be perfect. I somehow had to prove to her that I love her (because I don't think she hears a word I say). This was my chance.

Red table clothe, new napkins, blue runner, plates.... green or blue? Blue, and red with yellow accents. Daisies, perfect! I work the table to perfection. Making salmon with cherry chipolte glaze and lime cilantro butter..... I’m breathing fire I'm so into it. As I am preparing the food, I am choosing my serving plates; I'll use my blue platter for the salmon, and my green bowl for the salad. I print pictures of her from when she was a kid and clip them and set them loosely on the center of the table around the daisies that I clipped and put in little bowls, small candles spread throughout. Wine glasses beside my cobalt blue water glasses. Everything is looking good.

Needs something more... I’m thinking blue curling ribbon, loosely curled, just a few hanging from the ceiling. That would give it just the festive accents I want. I get a step stool and start hanging them. Unbelievable! Perfect! With each one, I am just that much more impressed with myself. Then on the final one, I decide that it needs to be just a bit further over (to be perfect) so I reach...a little further would be better...uh oh.... belly flop on the table.

No really, belly flop on the table. I pick myself up.... I’m horrified. My daisy water has spilled all over the pictures. I rush to dry them off and reset the table. Everything back in place. The dinner, party was a success. My sister even said "thank you". Big deal.

After the dishes were done I realized that I had a perfect circle bruise on my stomach. Cobalt blue glass no doubt. I bruised my ribs. Two weeks later, it still hurts to breath.

Thankful I didn't end up needing glass removed from my stomach.

wings (I'm a weirdo)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I've found out over the years that whatever disaster happens while I'm putting a party together at least makes a good conversation starter. How I screwed up the pumpking pie with coconut milk. How I followed this historical recipe that takes two weeks and required a very expensive roast and it turned to the texture of sawdust. How I forgot to buy butter...the list is endless.

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I am watching my grass get mowed. I love to see the lines the mower makes. And that smell of fresh cut grass, nothing like it! I am going to a concert tonight. Normally I go to be the supportive wife, but tonight I am actually looking forward to the show!

momz

• wings
    wings

My mom has been a mess the last few days. She will not sit in her chair, she thinks she can walk, she thinks she can get in the car and drive. My only choice is to restrain her, or have her with me every minute. She has a tendency to be....mad....angry....she has been this way her whole life, that sometimes gets to the "child" in me if you follow. So I try to avoid her mad, so I avoid the restraint. If I do the dishes, I put her in the wheelchair, and take her with me. The entire time I have to give her busy work to do, but she can't do much except fold washcloths. I unfold washcloths for her to fold 5 to 6 times a day.

I am spending an enormous time in our room on my computer. I put an old movie on for her in hope it will engage her somehow and settle her down. I try to time giving her pills (some make her sleepy) so that I can do what I need during her naps.

This woman has made my life miserable!!!! That was just my childhood. This might just take me over the top.

I've been on JWD so much, I hope I'm not scaring anyone off. I'm really just a human being at the end of the day.

wings (wish there was an emocticon that was pulling it's hair out)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

For you wings (although I really hope you don't, in your pic you've got beautiful hair!)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

((((wings))))

Do you think there may come a day when she needs a nursing home? Do you have help? When my grandma had cancer we took turns caring for her. She sounds similar to your mom, personality wise. Mean as spit, made my mom's and our childhoods horrid.

momz

• wings
    wings

2 months....I just have to make it 2 months. That is how long it is taking to finalize my Dad's estate and qualify her for medicaid (not an easy thing) other wise it is $5000 mo or so, and I figure I couldn't make that much working somewhere else. So here I am.

Bumble Bee where do you get those??? I want one....right now!

Momz, I love the flowers....not that I didn't like the breasty woman, but the flowers calm me down somehow.

love to all

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit