YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings to all,

Wishing an enjoyable and restful weekend to all. Peace and serenity to those suffering physically, emotionally or spiritually. We're all at various stages in our lives, yet I've found personally that there's always going to be pain of some sort. However, my coping skills have improved vastly and I have learned to use the "tools" offered by the support groups I belong to. Life is good - in spite of it all!

Love,

CoCo

• brinjen
    brinjen

Good morning everyone! (It's 2am here)

Nemo, hope your safe, dry and enjoying your weekend.

BB, how was the fireworks? We've got cracker night Sunday. The one night a year where we can legally ignite fireworks! Gonna be a blast!

CoCo, hope you are also enjoying your weekend. They never last long enough, do they?

I've made it through to the final round on the job I applied for. I have a formal interview on Wednesday, it's looking good so far... The guy that I saw last Wednesday already knows my boss, he had a run in with her recently, doesn't like her. Got the impression this was going in my favour especially as there is already someone who used to work where I am that's now with this company. Think he has 'filled in' a bit more on what she is like too. I just got the feeling my interviewer was thinking "if she can survive that place, she'll do well here".

I better get some sleep, working tomorrow (only 4 hours) but on a Sunday....drats!

Take care of yourselves

Brinjen

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good day all

The rain hasn't been as bad as expected so far - only a couple of heavy downpours. It's very warm though so we've got the humidity too, I'm 'breathing through wet towels' again.

I have a busy weekend planned - I'm going out for a 70th Birthday meal with family tomorrow, then I have a few financial forms to fill in and post. In the spare time I'll carry on decluttering.

Getting a bit worried about the failed terrorist attacks, we have a large muslim community in our town and there are idiots on both sides who'll use any excuse for a fight :-( ...

Good luck with the job interview Brinjen - you can do it!!

Have a great weekend all

emo

• compound complex
    compound complex

On my walk at 6:00 a.m. I glanced at headlines splashed across the newspapers lying in wait on homeowners' drives. My thoughts went immediately to Ninja and Emo and other posters from the UK. What a scare! Please be careful and watchful. Does this mean we ARE in the last days? Don't answer that!

No, Brinjen, the weekends are never long enough. Sounds like a mixed blessing about your prospective job. Better pay but at the mercy of Dragon Lady. Good Luck!

A great weekend to all; please let us know what's happenin'!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi everyone!

CoCo, yes I'll remain vigilant as I'm sure we all are, these are indeed troubled times :-(

Got back from the Birthday meal about 2 hours ago - I can hardly move, I ate so much! I'm not used to large meals, never mind a full three course one! I probably won't eat much at all for a day or two now. Our area seems to have escaped the worst of the rain thankfully - but even more is forecast for the next week. As long as there's a dry spell for the week I go on holiday because I'm camping - nothing worse than crawling out of your tent and onto a rain-sodden field in the mornings!! Mental note - must cut my lawn so I can put my tent up to check for leaks before I go away...

Nearly finished sorting out my rubbish now and will soon be onto the unnecessary :-)

love and peace to all

emo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Well, well, Emo - You can forego eating for the rest of the week! I know that stuffy feeling all too well. Yet, a few hours later, I'll be ravenous. Who says we need less food as we age?!?!?

It's been a wonderful day, and week, actually. All things are coming together for my latest commission, what with donated supplies and offers of technical aid by knowledgeable persons. It all begins this week. I scarcely can believe that someone called and offered me the opportunity. My dream job - finally!
    Pounding the pavement has never really worked for me.

See youse guys and gals tomorrow!

CoCo Le Commissionne'

• compound complex
    compound complex

A good day to all,

What's happening this week in your world? Please let us know ....

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi all and a blessed new week to you!

That sounds like great news for the commission CoCo - may it lead to greater things and stability for your life in the future!!

I'm just going through my final pile of potential rubbish - mostly paper which needs sorting into 'file', 'recycle' and 'shred' piles! It's amazing how therapeutic this is!

I discovered a couple of pocket notebooks from when I first started going for counselling just over 2 years ago and read through them, all I can say is wow, how far I've travelled since then! I hope the folks I meet each day have noticed the difference too - well I'm quite sure they will have :-)

I'm starting to relax into holiday mode now - only another 2 weeks to go! I'm a bit worried about my sick kitty going to the cattery, the stress might be enough to kill her - but leaving her home without her meds for a week would almost certainly be fatal so I guess her best chance is to go in the cattery.

I'm also getting quite hooked on the online jigsaw puzzle site which Lady Lee posted about. Another good activity to relax and declutter the mind!!

Peace

emo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings All!

Glad to hear how far you've come on your life's journey, Emo. What a find - those old notebooks! I just mentioned to a friend how I, too, have progressed as a human being, achieving a measure of stability I never thought possible.
    Hope your kitty will be all right. A local diabetic feline is charged $50 a day at his cat clinic when he has to send off his humans somewhere without him. He's apparently pretty well-off financially.
    Stay dry and enjoy your new read!

Love to all,

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

What an incredibly quiet day it's been here at work - average 1 customer per 2 hours. The good side is that we had a huge sale after closing yesterday so that goes into today's takings!! I've been playing dominoes against the computer on Pogo most of today to keep my mind active, only another 30 minutes and then I can go home.

$50 a day CoCo??? Wow! I don't think mine will cost that much - although I didn't actually ask - I was just relieved to find a place for my kitty!! I think it will probably cost around £7 per day (about $13) but it may be a little less because I'm providing the food for her.

Hope your new job/commission is going well too CoCo.

And good luck to brinjen for tomorrow - or is it today where you are! :-)

Have a great day all

love, emo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit