YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Greetings!

Well, my first day back to work and I discover we have no internet access! A mix-up means we got disconnected, and we won't be back online there for at least 5 days :-( hassle i could do without but whatever...!

I see you're getting to grips with the English CoCo! Yes a lavatory is the flushable equipment - sometimes in the same room is a wash-basin. If there's a bath or shower in there too, it's called a bathroom! And yes, washing-up is doing the dishes. Tyres/tires we tend to use the same words nowadays - a flat or a blowout (but we still spell it tyre here). no we don't call long distance calls trunk calls any more. Still use the bargepole reference though! Bargepoles were about 10ft long and used for steering and speeding up barges before the days of motor propulsion (they used to be towed by great Shire horses).

I preach at the Anglican church where I worship - I'm not an officially ordained lay preacher yet but am considering it :-) oh - I did make it to the cemetery of forgotten books too, I'm not very far into it yet, but there already seems to be distinct interest in the boy's selected tome.

Feeding time at the zoo now!

Have a great day all!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good day, Friends:

I rescued a spider from the bathtub last night. Besides his being far too large to wash down the drain, I was strangely and irrevocably altered emotionally by the simple but knowing May, who taught the young Deborah how to save cockroaches with marshmallows and graham crackers. I will never intentionally step on a bug again.

Thank you, Emo, for responding to my questions. If I were a mechanic or football fan, you and I wouldn't be having discussions over the felicities of the English language. I didn't realize bargepoles were ten feet long - there's always some "history" behind the most commonplace of expressions.

I shall henceforth and forevermore be taking the ball and running with it - it just won't be a football ....

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Well, well - things are heating up, and I don't mean just the weather. What will further weeks into August bring, as more and more "Bible students" realize in all good faith that there truly is no need to go beyond the things written [in the pubs]?

Normal people in normal circumstances read and examine and evaluate - that is NORMAL, isn't it?

What we have here - OKM for September - would be considered highly abnormal in a real-life scenario.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hope all are having a good day!

Off to the new job - night shift - two hours away. I've had JWD on all day and have been napping in between reads and posts. No finer way to spend the day.

Love to all,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wish Emo were back; hope she's well.

A long day. Started here on JWD at 3:00 a.m. Approaching 10:00 p.m. Finished the work day by digging holes for piers [for a neighbor's new deck]. Dry rot is a homeowners disease here in NorCal.
    I will leave the PC on. I cannot stay away.

Till another posting ............

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Friends!

A new day, starting at 3:00 a.m., and reporting in. Have read quite a few threads already and always look forward to getting a few replies.

Happy trails ....

CoCo

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

What work do you do that has you up at such extraordinary hours coco?

This morning I woke to two of my dearest and oldest friends dead. And the other one very sick. The floods of two weeks ago contaminated our water supply and whilst I eventually found out and stopped drinking it myself i forgot that it could be harmful to animals, in particular goldfish. So last weekend I changed the water in the tank. And then by tuesday they had stopped eating and were looking very unenthusastic about life. It wasnt til yesterday I realised it was probably the water. But I didnt have time to take action because of work. And this morning Ant and Dec were dead and belly up. I've never had to deal with dead pets before. It seems such a crime, they were both over 8 years old and have moved house with me three times. I took the healthiest of them out last night, Cat, and she is in a quarantine bowl which I filled with bottled and filtered water. She went belly up but by this morning she looks so much better and is feeding. Now I have to completely clean out the stinking tank, think about writing to the water board to complain but then what can they do?

And I have to ponder the irony of this morning receiving my only piece of mail. Inviting me to have a goldfish credit card!! Sick!

I feel really sad, even though they were only fish and responsible. And last night I dreamt that they werent sick but pregnant and I woke up in the morning to dozens of little tropical fish (my dreams ignore the usual boundaries of specious relations and genetical possiblities) in rainbow colours (take note Terry I was dreaming in clear colours). I leapt out of bed hoping it was true and was confronted by the disappointing reality. Sucks! I hate things dying.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

((((((crumpet)))))))...I'm sorry to hear about your pet goldfish . Eight yrs. old ! How big were they ?

Even though they are just fish ...we still get attached to them .

I have a goldfish named Jerry that lives outdoors in the garden pond until winter, then I bring him into a fish tank in the kitchen . He is four yrs.old now survived being an unused bait fish He is getting so big though that the inside tank is to small for him now .It is only a 10 gallon and he can barely turn around in it . He is longer than my hand I would guess 8 inches..When he is in for the winter he gets very interactive with us .Everytime I come into the kitchen he paces in front of the tank and then splashes. Funny thing one day my son shined the red pointer light we use to play with the dog into his tank ...and he chased it back and forth and tried to eat it, hilarious .As you can see we are easily entertained here !

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Husband got up for work at 4:30 this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep so I have been up reading JWD .It has really become an obsession .....not getting much else done around home .

Today I plan on mowing the yard paying bills and cleaning the house ....

Tonight we get to go out with my friend and her husband for dinner and then hit a few bars looking for some music to enjoy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Crumps and T-Mind,

Good to hear from the both of you. And so sad about your friends, Dec and Ant. I hope Cat will get better and you can find your way through yet more grief.
    A casuality of our times [LAST DAYS?!?!?] is our strange and acceleratingly worsening weather, which I believe is the point leading to the contaminated water, C. I saw the news last night and horrid floods - the worst ever - are plaguing India and environs. Here in the "Water Capital" of Northern California [our region supplies us and SoCal], we are having a drought.

My work is mainly that of a teacher, but I still do lots of manual labor just so I can squeak by. Digging holes, weeding gardens, cleaning restaurants and private homes, washing windows, housesitting, etc. Frequently working split-shifts and graveyard has me sleeping and waking at odd hours. I am a people person so I keep JWD at the ready 12-plus hours a day so I can visit with friends of like mind and heart.

I hope you find some great music tonight, T-Mind.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit