YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Much of what we do on a daily basis is routine and of no particular, earth-shaking importance. However, after reviewing letters of family going back to WWII, it is fascinating to read what Dad was doing on board the aircraft carrier in the Pacific on any old day, what Mom was cooking on her ever-steaming range, how I was dealing with the roller coaster of emotion at Bethel [Mom saved all my letters], how Nana wrote that she would not study with the Witnesses [per my request] but 'here are some mittens I knitted for you when you canvass New York with your magazines.'
    Today's thoughts - put into writing - will be tomorrow's "nostalgia."

So, what are you doing now? What are you thinking? PLEASE SHARE!

CoCo le Curieux

• prophecor
    prophecor

Thinking how it's kinda' cool being at my mum's home, here. She into her 77th year of life and the hours that I've wittled away with my seemingly God forsaken existence, I feel I've been given an opportunity to address some of the inevitible end of life issues, her's as well as my own, while there still exist time.

I hate to think how little time there truly is left, but I no longer focus on it so much but I truly try to make the most with the hours that are available. I actually enjoy being around her in this season of her's. She's strong, not particullarly ill, has had brain annuerism operations some ten or so years ago.

Within those ten years I have failed an attempt at marriage. As the hours that have been wasted in that relationship come to thier end, I feel I've been given a reprieve before the clock runs out on me, or my mom, whichever may come first. She's helped me thru some of the most difficult days of my life, much to her detriment. I now have an opportunity to " Pay it Forward ", with some constructive, positive quality time within the spaces left of her life.

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Hey CoCo,

I'm getting ready to get off of work. A little drowsy right now,...so contemplating either taking a nap or grabbing some coffee. Lord knows I have a ton of stuff to do. I should grab the coffee.

My mind has been occupied by my family lately and their responses to my most recent questions. I have three members still in the borg. I'm DA'd and haven't had any kind of a relationship with them in 15 years.

I decided that I'm going to send them a question about every other week or so. I have nothing to lose. It's not like they can shun me more than they already are.

So far I have been surprised that they have actually been replying to me. Of course, its the same mandated witness speak paranoia. Yet, I really didn't think they would send me a reply period.

The latest topic is the tetragrammaton and why the NWT translators added the name Jehovah into the their New Testament.

So as I go home, I wonder what the content of their next email will be and contemplate the my next question for them.

Perhaps this action will do nothing. Or perhaps this action will have ill effects,...but just the fact that I'm taking action has given me a little hope.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Prophecor and Bob,

Yes - it's time to pay it forward, as time left with our loved ones is limited. I was with Dad nearly every day the last 2 months of his life. I wouldn't have traded that precious time for anything else. And the choice between coffee and a nap? That's a toss up, I guess, for most. Since I gave up coffee, it's the sack for me. Just got up and found you fine folks here on board. Sounds like an excellent idea with the questions for the family; you're right - you have nothing to lose. Little drops of water....

Wishing you guys the best,

CoCo

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am getting ready to get ready for work. I just got up from a nap. I was thinking for the past couple of days there were no new post and now there are some. I was wondering if every one went to a an assembly or if something was wrong with the internet or maybe earthlink?

I just went and noticed that posting has been going on for the last several days. For some reason they were not getting down here to me in Florida till now.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I've been thinking about love, and how difficult it is to find, and when you do, the other person may not reciprocate and by the time they do reciprocate, your feelings have waned and you're ready to move on. It's a shame.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good Evening, Jaguarbass and Serendipity,

Sometimes I've felt in the "Twilight Zone" of cyber-space as well. It seems like a disconnect between what I am expecting to come up on my PC [and doesn't] and what I learn later on has been actually occurring cyber-wise for the majority of members. There were 24-36 hour periods earlier in the year where I was isolated totally from the forum and developed the DTs. I'm better now.
    Thinking about love sure seems to be our ongoing obsession. Unrequited love is a killer. I recall Aunt Meg telling Helen Hunt in "Twister" that it just didn't seem fair that her niece's estranged husband was going on with his life and not pining for her - no exquisite pain and anguished longing. It has taken me six years to stop grieving over lost love. Mom always said - and it seemed so corny - "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Well, now that means something to me!

Thank you, friends, for sharing.

CoCo

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks for the reminder compound, I am writing at this moment the conclusion to my part II of Bethel life for the new Free Minds Journal. The nostalgia has really helped me these last few days!

yours,

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org/journal.htm

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanx Randy,

Great hearing from you, as we all wander down memory lane. Thank you, too, for the link to FMJ, where I am about to go when I finish up here.

Cheers!

CoCo

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm trying to catch up on last weeks homework and also trying to deal with a scuba incident a few weeks ago that really shook me up. I need to learn a bit more about dealing with anxiety because I think I'm reaching my maximum levels these days, and I tend to top out on them occasionally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit