GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

apparently the only way for them to get some ,"new light", these days is for the old to die off and some younger ones to take over . I agree , it's really hard to feel sorry for somebody that would let babies die over a blood policy that already has been bastardized to the max . Some how now the soul only lives in the red blood cells but ok to use the white blood cells? WTF are they trying to pull? I think change is coming their way ...........

• BFD
    BFD

I really could not care any less about the death of this idiot, but I will say that I think the world is a better place without him. (Sorry Mouthy). What I would like to know is how do they go about picking a replacement for him on the GB. You know what, nevermind, I just don't really care about that either.

The borg will go on and on, twisting and warping scriptures to suit thier own needs while destroying lives and tearing apart families and I have to accept the fact that I can't do nothing about it. There's a sucker born every minute.

BFD

• badboy
    badboy

I BET THAT WILL BE AN ARTICLE ABOUT HIM

• nsrn
    nsrn

Mouthy, thanks for your always sane and balanced posts. I hope when my elderly parents (faithful witnesses) die, they will be judged on their good intentions, kind hearts and sincere loving spirits.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

in 1984 when I first started, I went to Wisconsin because my "bible study conductor" was attending the pioneer school in Janesville. My "assignment" was to take a stack of old green bibles and cut and paste all the scriptures cited in her Pioneer Book which she got somehow in advance of the school and had me do all the work on. I didnt know better. Carey Barber was speaking at that school. It was a small room, not a lot of people and we were probably 10 feet away and I had the worst case of bronchitis I ever had in my life and coughed through the ENTIRE talk! I didnt know this chump from Adam but I did notice that everybody treated him like he WAS God.

I wasnt impressed then and I continued not to be. I hope he is somewhere now going SHIT SHIT SHIT!!! I shoulda had a LIFE!!

RIP Barbwire

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

In the time span of the last six years,...the JW's have lost half of their GB.

Karl F. Klein (1906-2001)

Karl F. Klein was born around 1906, in Southern Germany.

In 1910 his family moves to the United States (Blue island, Chicago suburbs).

In 1917, together with his younger brother, Ted, he meets the Bible Students for the first time.

Baptized in 1918.

On March 23, 1925, enters to Bethel. In 1950 starts working in the Writing Department, where he does research and writes articles.

After having been 38 years at Bethel as a bachelor, he marries in 1963 with Gretel Naggert, whom he had met 12 years before in a trip to Europe.

On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body.

Died January 3, 2001. Source: w85 5/1 20-27 (French).

altLyman A. Swingle (1910-2001)

Lyman Alexander Swingle was born on November 6, 1910, in Lincoln, Nebraska. He was baptized in 1923.

Enter Bethel in April 1930.

On October 1, 1945 Swingle was elected to the Directors Board of the Watchtower.

On June 9, 1956, Lyman Swingle married Crystal Waldrop.

Around 1984 he was appointed secretary-treasurer of the Watch Tower Society of Pennsylvania and Watch Tower Society of New York.

Died March 14, 2001. Sources: w84 5/15 24; jv91; yb81 188 (French).

altMilton G. Henschel (1920-2003)

Born on August 9, 1920.

He was baptized while adolescent and in 1939 was already Bethelite.

Shortly after is appointed secretary of the Watchtower's President, Nathan H. Knorr, and travels with him all around the world for several decades.

Milton Henschel is married to Lucille and has a brother called Warren Henschel.

Was appointed to the Governing Body in 1976.

On December 30, 1992 was selected to be the successor of Frederick W. Franz (who had died a week before, when he was 99 years old) in the Presidency of the Watchtower. Henschel was president of the Watchtower until October 7, 2000, when there was a reorganization in the leadership and Don Adams (not a Governing Body member) became the new President of the Watchtower.

Died March 22, 2003. Sources: w77 7/1 394; yb80 112; w89 6/15 22; w89 9/1 26; w93 3/15 31 (French).

altAlbert D. Schroeder (1911-2006)

Albert D. Schroeder was born on April 7, 1911 in Saginaw (Michigan, E.U.A.)

His maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Darger, used to associate with the Bible Students during World War I. In 1923 Schroeder found the publications of the Bible Students.

First he had the "earthly hope", but after his baptism, in July 24, 1932, in Vandercook Lake, he decided he wanted to be of the "anointed".

On September 13, 1932 he enters to Brooklyn Bethel.

In 1937, when he was only 26 years old, Schroeder is sent by Rutherford to England, to 'put order in the house' among the Jehovah's Witnesses. On May 6, 1942, the English government declared him persona non grata and expulsed him from the country.

He then returns to the U.S.A., and Nathan H. Knorr, third president of the Jehovah's Witnesses, appoints him as secretary and president of the Committee that will organize the Gilead Biblical School (training of missionaries of Jehovah's Witnesses). The school is inaugurated in February of 1943.

In 1955, at an assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses in Europe, Schroeder met Charlotte Bowin (born 1920), who had belonged to the 1st Gilead class in 1943 and had been missionary in Mexico and El Salvador. They married in August of 1956 and had a son called Judah in February of 1958.

On December 18, 1974 Schroeder was appointed to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Died March 8, 2006. Sources: w83 3/1 10-17; w85 12/1 26 (French).

altDaniel Sydlik (1919-2006)

Daniel Sydlik was born in February 1919, near Belleville, Michigan (U.S.A.), where his family lived in a farm. Sydlik had a difficult childhood: his father, who belonged to the Bible Students, died when he was 3 years old and his mother had to raise the 6 children.

At the end of the 1930s, Sydlik started to show interest for the Jehovah's Witnesses. In September of 1941 he became pioneer and in 1942 became special pioneer in San Pedro (California, U.S.A.) and in Richmond (San Francisco, U.S.A.)

In the Second World War, the government refused to give him the status of Christian minister. Sydlik is judged and in 1944 is condemned to 3 years of forced labor.

He is freed in 1946 and goes to Hollywood as a pioneer.

Sometime after that, Milton G. Henschel (at the time secretary of President Nathan H. Knorr) invites him to Bethel. Sydlik accepts and starts service on October 20, 1946.

At Bethel, he helps in the writing service for 20 years. He is appointed member of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York and Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.

Sydlik is married to Marina, a young girl from Hebburn, England.

On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body.

Died April 18, 2006. Source: w85 6/1 21-26 (French).

altCarey W. Barber (1905-2007)

Born on the 4th of July 1905, in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England.

On April 18, 1921, when he was 16 years old, he is baptized in a small assembly of the International Bible Students Association, in Winniped, Canada.

In April 1923 starts working at Bethel, together with his twin brother Norman.

In 1948 is appointed traveling overseer.

In 1955 enters the 26th Gilead class, where he found Sydney Lee Brewer, a pioneer from Canada, with whom he marries on February 18, 1956. Appointed to circuit service in the Chicago Area, U.S.A.

After 29 years as circuit and district overseer, he is called to the Brooklyn Bethel, to be a Governing Body member in the autumn of 1977. Source: w82 11/15 10-14 (French).

• blondie
    blondie

I think that too much "power" is attributed to individual JWs in the WTS. As each one dies and is replaced, things stay pretty much the same. It is an organization that is not lead by any one person or group of persons but a set of ideas that have a life of their own.

If I "spit" on them, it is like spitting on myself when I was still in and advocating these ideas in the KH and to people from door to door and on bible studies.

I truly believe that these people are just as deceived as I was, true believers thinking they were doing the right thing.

But I do know of individual JWs that knew that what they were teaching and advocating was false but continued to do so for personal gain. I spit on those people.

Blondie

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I personally think there is no comparison of the GB, and the rank and file publisher. That is like saying that what happens in Government is not the President's responsibility. The buck has to stop someplace. I DO NOT FEEL ANY PITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE GB. The GB makes the rules that the publisher follows. They are the ones that explain "new light." They are the ones that make excuses, change their stand on blood, political cards etc. Many thousands of people have died with their blessing. Remember Malawi??? The AWAKE article pictures of young people that died because of the blood issue, that now has changed? I agree with Mouthy that I feel pity for the rank and file those that are simply mislead, BUT not the GB. They are covered in innocent blood.

Leslie

• blondie
    blondie

LeslieV, I hear your words.

I would say that WT Legal makes the rules nowadays and the GB has very little input. I know of 2 elders that called Bethel to get clarification on a point. They were talking to a brother from the "service desk" and from Legal. Each brother had a different and opposite opinion on what they should do. The 2 elders finally made their own decision. If an elder calls NY, they don't get a GB member, they usually get some CO or DO that was taken off the road. These men use the WT publications and BOE letters to answer elders that call in. All this information is cleared by WT Legal.

I have no hope that even if all the GB members dropped dead today that much would change in the WTS.

Blondie

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I have to agree with you Blondie for today, but this man lived over 100 years, the majority at Bethel. When he was strong he was involved in making decisions that people died for. Back then the GB was very much involved in doctrinal mandates. That is why I do not have pity for him.

Again JMO.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit