GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't feel any sympathy for him since he was part of a group that ruined the lives of countless thousands of people through the blood policy and the shunning policy and exploited millions of people with false doctrines and promises. He will just rot in the ground a heavenly reward is not for such people.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Dead? Or did his body simply convert to a gaseous form that will sneak its way into little children at night? Only time will tell...

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Nice BIB and a bow tie to cut down on the drool.

The guy who makes decisions for 6 Million JWs and their families couldn't even feed himself. That is truly an affront to all the decent people in the Org.

• Gregor
    Gregor

So, was he a virgin? I don't know much about him. Was that his trophy wife in the picture? Or was that his trophy boytoy behind him.?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

with so many of the GB dying you'd have thought that armaggedon would have come by now, at least according to them. it must be a major disappointment to them to see that all there prophetic utterance have failed. it makes them look like idiots.

it is not nice when someone dies, i too just pity the man and leave it at that. God is his judge as He is ours.

orangefatcat

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am reading all the comments & feel very sad for the hatred most of you feel for him. But you must realise that I was one of those that taught false teaching ----didnt you? He was a follower of followers... I believe God gave him the many years he had to search for the truth... But he evidently enjoyed his postion in Bethel, comfort, food, drink, power to go on ....just sucking up the rewards... I am sure he never went door to door, & when your under mind control only around others in the same mind set, you dont have the chance to see what others are doing in the world. ( VERY GOOD THINGS) I also believe the Creator( in my opinion >Jesus) will examine his heart... Who knows what his last thoughts , comments were.... If he is wicked ....I am too!!!!! I made 10 people a follower of a false prophet, some of them broke from their husbands, some died as JWS .... I might have talked to folks about this cult more than he did & how do I know how many listened & became followers after I passed them on to others....If he is guilty, I am also... Sorry for the long post.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I am sure he never went door to door

Of course he did. They pinned a WT to him and wheeled him outside. It's kinda like when you tape a WT to your car window and drive around, except you use a human.

Yeah, I know it's sad, but I didn't make that up.

• undercover
    undercover
    I am reading all the comments & feel very sad for the hatred most of you feel for him. But you must realise that I was one of those that taught false teaching ----didnt you? He was a follower of followers... ...Who knows what his last thoughts , comments were.... If he is wicked ....I am too!!!!! I made 10 people a follower of a false prophet, some of them broke from their husbands, some died as JWS .... I might have talked to folks about this cult more than he did & how do I know how many listened & became followers after I passed them on to others....If he is guilty, I am also...

Thanks mouthy, that post was needed.

I personally don't feel anything one way or the other about his passing. It's kinda like reading the obit of someone you heard of but never met.

I think it's interesting that you'll learn more about what's going on in the JW world here much quicker than still being a member. I bet I could call several of my JW contacts and they would not know about his death.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Anyway, I have a "Herald" magazine in which Pastor Russell refers to the (then) Pope as "His Sainted Holiness".

Pretty cool huh?

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Gregor, Carey Barber was not a virgin. He was married!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit